Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me a knee surgeon in the Northwest
  • TJJ
    Free Member

My GP is referring me to a knee surgeon for an arthroscopy and, as I’ve got private medical insurance through work, I’m looking for advice, recommendations, horror and good news stories on knee experts.

I’ve not used the health insurance before, but it seems I need to decide who I want to see. I asked the GP and he didn’t seem too keen on recommending anyone – medical ethics?. How I’m supposed to have a better idea than him is beyond me. I’ve phoned AXA, who can’t advise, and their website is not very useful.
    I’m in the South Lakes area, but don’t consider Manchester too far away to travel.

I’ve done the obvious googling but it’s just an information overload, plus, there’s nothing like personal experiences. I’m looking for someone who is sympathetic to me wanting to carry on riding a bike after surgery and will give me the best advice.

crikey
    Free Member

The only knee surgeon I know is Chris Elsworth in Oldham, but he has a very good reputation. Maybe ask the British Cycling fellas who they recommend/use for the team?

jet26
    Free Member

There’s a couple of guys in Liverpool/Chester who are excellent. Will chase up names

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Just my experience. Richard Parkinson at BUPA Murrayfield on the Wirral did my arthoscopy (diagnosis initially was a torn meniscus, turned out it just needed a good clear out). I’m now cycling and running without any issues, and I have a video of the operation, which is nice.

Paul

Harry_the_Spider

I saw a chap called Hegab at Highfield in Rochdale. He has rebuilt a few pro rugby league player’s knees too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a knee surgeon in the Northwest’ is closed to new replies.