Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me a Hydration Pack
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Have just discovered my Wingnut Hyper 3.0 is needing repaired so will be buying a new pack, I like a larger capacity pack currently looking at the new Camelbak Hawg NV, anyone with real use reviews would be great, or a better alternative.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Osprey
    Osprey
    Or…..

Osprey.

fathomer

I’ve just got an Osprey Raptor 10, used it twice so far. It’s comfy, stable and so well thought out. I can only imagine the bigger sizes are just as good.

pictonroad

Dakine nomad. Just replaced a camelbak with one and I’m much happier, comfier and better thought out for kit storage.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Just bought a Hydrapak Tamarack, it really is quite excellent

daftvader
    Free Member

osprey for me…. dakine for the mrs… covers all answers so far! 🙂

yacoby
    Free Member

My one slight issue with my Osprey Raptor is that it doesn’t carry a full face. Not the end of the world but just a bit more of a faf cycling to and from places with it on the bars.

Apart from that, great pack.

shredder
    Free Member

Osprey Raptor here.

grum
    Free Member

Happy with my Dakine Nomad.

jam-bo

evoc

fudge9202
    Free Member

Anyone using a Dakine Apex?

chrishc777
    Free Member

I have had a HAWG NV for a while now and I love it. Plenty of room for anything you’ll ever need, including lunchbox when commuting. very well thought out straps and buckles. nice fleece lined media pocket. Front pocket with sections for tools. very comfy and the NV ventilation works very well, for a pack this size I have had no sweaty back issues. looks nice too.
    Rain cover is briliant too, works well, doesn’t quite cover the side pockets when fully loaded but never had anything get wet in there, and I love rainy all day epics!
    zips are strong too as more than once I’ve had it too loaded and struggled to close them, fearing any second it would break but so far all good.
    Hope this helps!

grilla
    Free Member

Check out Evoc FR backpacks, adds spinal protection if that’s something you value (don’t believe the nonsense about water bladders providing protection).

racingsnail
    Free Member

I use a Osprey Zealot 10 great bag but only a couple of minor things that niggle it’s stable side to side but still wants to go over your head while jumping (same as all bags I’ve tried) the tool roll and pocket seems like a good idea but really it’s a pain to get into the zips at the bottom of bags are stiff, wet and muddy.

And never believe the marketing about having a cool dry air flow on your back they are all sweaty.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Hydration Pack’ is closed to new replies.