Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Recommend me a hotel in Majorca please
  • benz
    Free Member

Righty, trying to assemble a summer holiday for the family.

Wife and daughter (7) fancy Majorca.

So…looking for a good quality hotel in a nice location.

Baulked at prices of some places at 600 euro per night…so not at those prices please.

Also, no experience of Majorca so point me towards a location too…quiet and scenic is good. No need for kids club or similar as pool is all we’ll need.

Car will be rented too if that assists.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Port Pollensa always gets good reviews for a family holiday. I tend to stay out of town along the front in the Uyal hotel. Renovated about 18 months ago to a good standard. They have some nice suites with private balconies if you want to splash out a bit. Not sure of prices in high season but a week half board end of April was £250pp.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Not sure if this will fit the bill, but I spent a week in the Hotel Uyal in Puerto Pollensa last month and it was excellent. May not suit a 7 year old though – clientele in early April was exclusively cyclists and oldies (with a considerable “intersection” in Venn diagram terms ;o)

http://www.hoposa.es/English/Hotels/Hotel-Uyal-Puerto-Pollensa

PP is a good base with LOTS of hotels to choose from. I suspect it’s heaving in mid summer but it has a beach and plenty of things to do and see within easy reach. If you have access to a bike, it is Nirvana (though possibly hot as hell at that time of year).

I booked through Alpharooms who were pretty straightforward to deal with.

geoffj

Decide on a location first. Puerto pollensa or Port de Soller would be a couple of options for me, but their slightly inland twins are also nice.

For PP, there are a few decent options, but you really need to define the budget.

Hotel Formentor is fabulous and will tick all your boxes, ills d’or is nice as is Hotel Daina and the Miramar.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a hotel in Majorca please’ is closed to new replies.