Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a hotel – Bangkok
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Please can someone recommend a hotel in Bangkok which has easy access to train station or return trip to airport? I’ve booked rest of holiday but I’m not sure what district the train line does into. I’m hoping someone can recommend one..not too insanely priced!
    Thanks

ads678

The Hilton?

nickjb
    Free Member

Shall follow this with interest

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

MM did I not say too not insanely priced! Plus where is the Hilton versus the airport?

wilde86
    Free Member

Buddy Lodge on Ko San Road. Right in the hustle and bustle of things in the centre of Bangkok. One of the nicer in hotels in the area and its not pricey. Its a 25 minute taxi ride to the airport, but thats not expensive either. Most of Bangkok attractions are accessible from Ko San too.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Any where in bbk isn’t too bad a taxi ride to the airport EXCEPT if your flight is near rush hour then stay in the usual airport hotels, if you want a laugh and not in a standard chain hotel stay on the ko San road, it’s the back packer area but a few decent hotels have open in the last few years and just people watching every night is proper world class.
    I used to spend months living near by and still passed through for a laugh regularly
    * not been there in 2 years so other may have better info and not lived there for 6 plus years *

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

As above stayed my first ever night in buddy lodge, small and not cheap by ko San standards but nice/clean/central others even better have been built near by since but for a long time buddy was the best place on ko San

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We stayed at the Dusset Thani, it was nice, great location too and way way cheaper than it was worth, but that’s Thailand for you.

£150 room for £40, in our opinion anyway.

marco
    Free Member

Hotel Asia. I know, rubbish name, but great hotel

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

If you have deep pockets and want probably the best views in bkk and the arguably the worlds coolest bar google the dome bar / scirocco restaurant it’s in the Lebua hotel.
    If your not impressed you must be dead inside.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have a look on agoda.com, there are lots of cheap places to stay in Bangkok but most younsont find on the internet 😉

pymwymis
    Free Member

Swiss Lodge absolutely brilliant. Rooms about £50 and excellent. Quiet location for middle of town and very friendly. Me and mrs.p have stayed there twice and if she goes back it must be good.

null

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a hotel – Bangkok’ is closed to new replies.