Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a headset
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

1-1/8″ threadless, semi-integrated, semi-cartridge bearings is what’s currently on a Trek Cali SLX. Bearings are shot and rusted to bits. Have access to drift and a press so thinking about swapping it for one with cartridge bearings. Any suggestions at an entry level price point?

matt_outandabout

I have a couple (semi integrated)of the silly cheap Tokken ones from CRC – one has seen a winter of regular use, a clean and Bob of grease and we are off again. I don’t see why you would pay more.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve always liked Hope ones, they come in any standard or size you like and are pretty bomb proof – but they’re £60 or so.

FSA Pig seems to be the default budget choice – £15.

EDIT which of course doesn’t meet any of your criteria- NukeProof Warhead?

cyclistm
    Free Member

FSA Pig isnt semi-integrated though is it? (You beat me to it with your edit)

I struggled to find the right semi-integrated headset for my bike recently, I cant really advice which one you need for your bike though. maybe try the cane creek headset finder to get an idea of which one you need?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Token one is only in red, otherwise looks good.

Warhead seems to be external bottom cup. The other one at a comparable price is the FSA ORBIT

cyclistm
    Free Member
    thegreatape
    Free Member

Straight steerer so 1.1/8 both ends, thanks though 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I used to go through a headset every few months, so many in fact I bought a removal tool and a fitting tool.

Then I got a Chris King headset.

I’ve still got it, it’s been on numerous bikes now over numerous years. Still fine.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m not putting a Chris King headset on her bike. (Mine, maybe one day).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a headset’ is closed to new replies.