• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by yoda.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a good winter base layer – for riding
  • danjthomas
    Free Member

I have some summer helly hanson lifa’s and have established they are not great in the winter. Any can any one suggest any “cheap” ones for me.

It would be nice to wear one with a gilet when its not so cold and with a Endura MT500 jacket when its freezing.

steve_b77
    Free Member

The Aldi one are pretty good

fudge9202
    Free Member

try a gul one i bought in a surf shop it is very good at wicking and warm without overheating, worth a punt atva tenner

iainc

I have various weight Icebreaker Merino’s, with the thicker ones great in winter. I also have a Helly Warm one, which is just as warm and half the price 😛

tmb467
    Free Member

have a look on ebay – lad in Lithuania selling genuine Devold merino stuff for about £20

pretty good / cheap as well.

thorlz
    Free Member

Helly Hanson Warm Ice.
    I have the lighter one for summer, as you seem to and the warm for winter. Both great bits of kit.

ibnchris

Try Repack clothing’s Berino. It’s somewhere in between a base layer and mid layer. Works pretty well for this kind of weather with a waterproof. Not massively cheap at £70 but good value. Google them

ericemel
    Free Member

I use Red Ram which is the budget Icebreaker brand

billyblackheart
    Free Member

I got a puma compression base layer from TKMaxx not far off a teener.

It’s thin enough so I can slide my arm warmers and jersey over the top. adds that extra layer of warmth.

wl
    Free Member

Got an Endura Baa and it’s great for £34 – warmer than my Icebreaker 200 Body Fit, though slightly too short in the body and not quite as good a fit or luxurious. The Endura is what I wear at the mo, sometimes with a jacket over it.

mechmonkey
    Free Member

I got a few of the Wed’ze base layers out of decathalon for £5. Works well for me and I can buy about 5 of them for the price of the HH ones.

yoda
    Free Member

This is the best winter base layer I have ever used, beats Howies, polaris bamboo and Helly hansen. Also compression wear too so you look dead buff and hench!

Clicky linky thingy!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a good winter base layer – for riding’ is closed to new replies.