• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by cp.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a good wide flat bar
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I’m thinking the thomson xc carbon for around 100 quid

Anything else I should be considering. Its to go on my XC/trail bike, so won’t take a hammering and needs to be min 720mm

I’m a bit of a fattie at the moment however, so not sure I’d trust a set of Mt Zooms at 150 gm

oldnpastit

I’ve got the RSP 780mm bar:

http://www.raleigh.co.uk/ProductType/ProductRange/Product/Default.aspx?pc=2&pt=322&pg=13475

Price is around £55 if you shop around.

So far it hasn’t exploded despite my best efforts.

tpbiker
    Free Member

needs to be flat!

Rorschach
    Free Member

2nd the RSP’s and £50 at Tredz now.

onandon
    Free Member

I have the my zoom bars on my trail bike and no problems. Some kinesis 750s arrived today for my fat bike. They’re pretty damn good for the money – check winstanleys

tpbiker
    Free Member

some nice options there folks! The kinesis looks good but at 160 gms I’d be scared of breaking it!

Can you trim down carbon bars? The RSps at 50 quid look a pargain, but 760 a bit wide for my xc bike.

oldnpastit

I don’t think there’s any reason you can’t trim down carbon bars.

But don’t cut them down immediately – give it a few rides and you will wonder how you ever managed before!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

check the sweep. Kinesis are much straighter than an EC70 (9deg), which are straighter than a Vector (up to 12deg).

What do you like?

dougieb
    Free Member

Got the RSP’s on both my bikes – really like them.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Those RSPs seem like to much of a bargain to pass by. Was planning to spend more for the thomsons, but at the same weight I’m thinking only the bike tart in me can justify it.

It a toss up between them and the easton ec 70s which are a bit lighter, but again not sure thats a good thing given I’ll be using them for trail use as well as xc.

760 does seem to wide for my liking however. I currently have 800s on both my bigger bike and down hill rig and they feel far to wide for what I’m after.

I know you can cut down some carbon bars, but has anyone specfically shortened the RSPs. I see they have no markings on them for cutting.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Zoom have been making 150gm bars for nigh on 30 years

tpbiker
    Free Member

aye, but not ones that are 750mm wide

cp

I’ve got two Kinesis Strut carbon bars – they are brilliant. One on a Giant FS bike and the other on a fully rigid bike…. in different ways, they get hammered!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a good wide flat bar’ is closed to new replies.