• This topic has 24 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by eskay.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Recommend me a good soluble coffee…
  • medoramas
    Free Member

Yeah, “good soluble coffee” sound like self contradiction…

But is there anything out there that is more drinkable than standard Nescafe? This is the only thing the company provides (coffee-wisely). And I can’t stand the cr*p anymore… 😕

I “treated” myself to their Azera range (it was half price). It said “barista style coffee” on the tin… I think it was even worse than the classic one!

Please help!

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I think the best is carte noir .

Bregante

If its for work, I keep one of these in my desk drawer.

http://brownbear.co/product/aeropress/?gclid=CPCNh4jqrsECFSXKtAodGCwAOw

Now I can have proper coffee. Makes the office smell lovely too.

chris_db
    Free Member

The Nescafe Azera is actually really good. Apparently we are the only country in the world that drinks instant coffee….

grum
    Free Member

I’ve had Douwe Egberts stuff that was quite nice – can’t remember which one.

john_drummer
    Free Member

the “whole bean instant” coffees are quite good. Millicano is one, and I know Carte Noir do one too

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Nescafe Azera is the one I have at the moment but it is definitely not real coffee..

DrJ

+1 for Aeropress – relatively faff-free and easy disposal of grounds.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

But is there anything out there that is more drinkable than standard Nescafe? This is the only thing the company provides (coffee-wisely). And I can’t stand the cr*p anymore…

I dream of Nescafe.! When I started my new job I was told the company provide the tea and coffee. They do indeed but the coffee is Morrisons savers…

Christ on a bike its like drinking gravy. 😥

I have some Milicano stashed away, it’s no where near as good as a proper coffee but compared to the savers shite it’s a lot better. At least it tastes like coffee.

the-muffin-man

Percol Americano and Italiano aren’t too bad.

medoramas
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that Neilsonwheels, that must be a real horror!!! 😯

I’ll give the suggested options a try, thanks!

And the Aeropress seems like a good idea for a letter to Santa… 🙄

tomd
    Free Member

Surely if you have access to the hot water needed to make an instant coffee:

+

=

hammyuk
    Free Member

Carte Noir Espresso

Stoner
    Free Member

carte noir instinct is what I use when Im in a hurry/lazy.

Ive tried Azera and millibean and theyre both awful by comparison.

BigJohn

I have an espresso at home, morning and night (just bought a triple shot filter basket from Happy Donkey – guarantees a good night’s sleep!) and just drink tapwater through the day.

It takes a bit of getting used to (the water, that is) but many benefits. I used to find that plain water didn’t quench my thirst on a hot day, but it does now my body’s tuned into it.

medoramas
    Free Member

BigJohn if I had to drink just water here I would be sleeping at my desk… 😉

sandwicheater

Small cafetiere for me. Grind before before I go to work (ffnnar!) and it makes a large cup each time. Minimal fuss.

Northwind

The Nescafe Pretentious Range is mostly pretty good, I like the alta rica (chocolatey) and cap columbie (coffee-ey). Better than the majority of “proper” coffees I’ve ever had. The espresso is terrible though, looks like espresso, smells like espresso, tastes like mdf.

This might mark me out as Not A Real Singletrackist but the Tesco Finest instants that I’ve tried have all been good.

Nobody else find Milicano dusty/gritty? I ended up filtering it which kind of defeats the purpose

Cougar

I quite like the hybrid “instant coffee with some real coffee dust thrown at it” stuff that’s about at the moment; Millicano et al, I usually buy whichever’s on offer that week. (You can guarantee that between the cans and the refills, one of them will be.)

The Starbucks Via stuff isn’t bad either.

wilburt
    Free Member

Percol Fusion

Best Instant Coffee ever

Stoner
    Free Member

The Starbucks Via stuff isn’t bad either

It’s excellent but silly expensive.

joat

Douwe Egbert’s Pure Indulgence is my easy coffee choice, just make it strong.

mefty
    Free Member

Apparently we are the only country in the world that drinks instant coffee….

We are by no means alone, rather amusingly, to me anyway, the nation where instant coffee is the most bought coffee is also the country that has the most annoying coffee bores…Australia

Source

Suggsey
    Free Member

Milicano but leave the dust in the bottom of the mug, interspersed with Nescafé Dolce Gusto in many varied guises. What about the Douwe Egberts filter pots that you stand on top of your mug and pour the boiling water in and it percolates through? Can’t remember the name of the actual Devices.

eskay

Milicano for me as well.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a good soluble coffee…’ is closed to new replies.