Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Recommend me a good Single Malt Whiskey
  • Cougar

All of the Distillers Editions are pretty good.

Ooh – Benromach Organic. Best "bang for your buck" whisk(e)y there is.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Should call this site 'whiskytrackworld'
    So many experts on what other people's tastes should be!
    Just finished a bottle of Laphroaig, lovely. Opened a Dalwhinnie, lovely. tried Glenfarclas 105, lovely with water. Old Pulteney, lovely. Caol Isla, lovely. Etc etc etc…

messiah
    Free Member

I like using the Loch Fyne Whisky website for tasting notes http://www.lfw.co.uk

Easy to use the search to find what you like or use the word "ace" which are the reccomendations, and generally hit the spot. Then drill in by price and region/taste.

On what's been said above –
    Balvenie Double Wood is good for those starting out – quite sweet and christmas cakey… and a joy to revisit for the same reasons.
    Aberlour, Glenfarclas, Glenlivet and Glenfiddich get better with age, anything above 15 is worth paying extra – younger versions of these not so great
    Highland Park is a staple – lovely spicey pepperyness – a great dram that always goes down well
    Talisker – for some reason I get a bile vibe off this but I still like it.
    Jura I simply don't get until the older expressions
    Laphroig/Ardbeg and the Islays (except Bruichladdich) – if you like peat they are great. Bruichladdich stands almost alone but doesn't really come of age until 15+ at which point it's great. The younger ones are okay but sell on the marketting and the name of the older expressions rather than their own merits (IMHO)
    Mortlach and Longmorn are both awesome big speysiders
    Dalwhinnie is smooth and lovely
    Old Pulteney – a friend has one of these open and I love going to his house… I really should get my own. Lovely briney almost tastes of the sea.
    Benromach Organic – this almost tastes like a Bourbon… in fact it does taste exactly like a bourbon. I like it but it's not really like any other single malt – a very tasty curiosity.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tonyd

18YO Jura is my current favorite.
    Laphroig is good with a nice ceegar. Was given a Monte Cristo at a wedding the other week – lovely!

Macavity
    Free Member

As already pointed out, the OP is asking specificly for Irish WhiskEy.

tonyd

Macavity – Member

Are you scotch by any chance? 🙂

messiah
    Free Member

FIRST LINE of thread

Scottish, 12+ years old if you please and sub £40.

….go!

So the following is a TFF

The spelling is a punter error… live and learn… it's why questions get asked and answered… no wonder this place gets a bad reputation for smug twa*s (even ones that struggle to spell… do you pronounce it "pacifically" by any chance) :mrgreen:

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a good Single Malt Whiskey’ is closed to new replies.