Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a good indoor light for house plant?
  • heisenberg
    Free Member

Was thinking aboute the cree LED.. Cheap to run. I need to keep 2 house plant alive for the winter and they probably need 4-6 hours of light. Before you ask.. Its normal house plant the other one is like a small lemon tree or some sort.

somafunk

Don’t bother with LED’s for indoor light supplementation, Choose a 125w 6400k Blue spectrum Envirolight and suitable shade, you should be able to buy both for less than £50 and ideally you need to expose the plants to light for more than 12 hrs a day as otherwise you may trigger the natural flowering cycle but i guess 12hrs + of light a day may be inconvenient for you so try for at least 8 hrs of light a day and let the natural ambient background light do the rest.

envirogrolights info here

Blue (vegetive) 6400k spectrum light and reflecter here for £39.99

Another bonus of the light spectrum given off is that it staves off S.A.D syndrome when you are exposed to it.

heisenberg
    Free Member

Thanks somafunk.. This is big help

jairaj

Can you get LEDS that produce the same colour? Would help save some money on the electricity bill.

donks
    Free Member

Its normal house plant

Of course it is Heisenberg… 😉

somafunk

You can get LEDs in the correct colour spectrum for vegetive/flowering growth but the cheap versions on the market (under £300) do not have enough lumen penetration and the PAR output will give feeble/discoloured growth, unless you are willing to spend a lot of money then the enviro lite will be the best option, it will cost you under 20 pence per day to run for 8 hrs.

MrNice
    Free Member

Its normal house plant
    Of course it is Heisenberg…

In those circumstances I believe it is customary to refer to “a tomato plant” and then tap the side of your nose and wink theatrically

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a good indoor light for house plant?’ is closed to new replies.