Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me a good 650b 140-150mm fork
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Budget is around 4-500 . What do you guys suggest for normal trail / forest riding. The bike is a full suss with a fox ctd kashima rear shock. Thanks.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Big fan of my Manitou Mattoc Pro’s.

They’re much plusher than my Mojo tuned 34’s that they replaced with good support. The bottom out control is useful too. They’ve had good reviews on PB and Dirt. Cheap form from CRC too – I paid £385.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Pikes

rhayter

I’ve got a pair of 2015 Fox Factory 34 that have only done a couple of hundred miles if you fancy…

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

+1 for pikes

fd3chris
    Free Member

I would prefer fox to match the rear but they are so expensive. The manitous seem to get good reviews I just thought they were a bit over the top for trail riding. More enduro type forks?

rickon
    Free Member

Pike
    MRP Stage
    Rockshox Yari
    Xfusion Sweep Roughcut
    Fox 34 Fit4

Take your pick 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

I would prefer fox to match the rear but they are so expensive. The manitous seem to get good reviews I just thought they were a bit over the top for trail riding. More enduro type forks?

No more so than a Pike or a 34. I’m running mine at 140mm on a hard tail.

I was pretty happy with my 34’s until I bought a pair of 888’s for my Demo and I realised that they weren’t that push / smooth. I think the Mojo tune had gone too far the other way to correct the older 34’s failings. If you’re set on Fox, have a look to see if Mojo have any ex-demo firms for sale. Mine were, I paid £400 for mine which had a brand new CSU.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks will do.

psycorp
    Free Member

+1 mattoc pro’s.

I’ve had all manner of RS and Fox forks over the years and my current mattoc’s are the plushest and most tunable.

fd3chris
    Free Member

They come up a little more expensive as I’d need the tools to get inside and lower them to 150mm. It’s a ball ache that special tools are needed to do such a simple job.

mindmap3
    Free Member

But the starting price is low; they’re still £385 from CRC.

I couldn’t find Pikes for anywhere near this price, even when it factor in the tools. They’re easy to work though and less of a ball ache then Fox and their replaceable washers every time you drop the lowers (two sizes needed too).

I was sceptical about them but figured that I’d give them a go based on the reviews and so far, I’m really impressed.

kayak23

Very impressed with my 150mm Revs on my hardtail. Good value and seem as good as my Pikes.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Sorry for this, but I have a set of 150mm Revelations for sale for £150 if you fancied saving the rest for pies and beer?

rhayter

You can have those F34s of mine for £280 if you like. That’d leave you money to get a FIT 4 damper put in…

Just sayin’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a good 650b 140-150mm fork’ is closed to new replies.