Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me a fenix for head torch
  • pendlechris
    Free Member

To run with Hope vision 4.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

pretty much any fenix torch will be totally out shone by a hope 4.

I have a Fenix L2D for helmet mount and the quality is great, but it is totally drowned out by a DX P7 torch on the bars, and the hope 4 has got to be brighter than a DX P7 light.

Is there a specific reason that you want a fenix model?

pendlechris
    Free Member

just the good reviews, was looking for a light weight helmet light, any other suggestions would be appreciated 😀

AndyPaice
    Free Member

The quality of the fenix units is very good, I have the L2d and the P3D. They are not that bright however, and with a hope 4 on the bar you are unlikely to even see the fenix torch in the beam pattern of the hope 4.

a DX P7 torch on the head would be a lot brighter, but a fair bit heavier.

onandon
    Free Member

Why fenix?
    the Eagletac rage of double AA lights are cheaper ,better quality, brighter and with a much nice beam profile.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I just bought a Fenix HP10 headtorch, It's **** fannitasic.

Honestly, you should buy this headtorch. It was only launched on 5 October and the UK dealer has no price on their website yet, all 1st shipment has been sold over the phone to the likes of me.

This is the link, Fenix HP10 , but you need to phone them, maybe there are one or two left from the 1st import.

It's 225 lumens on max bright, which is excellent, I have Lumicycle Halogens aswell. Together, they are brilliant.

Petzel do a brighter headtorch called the Ultra (300 lumens), but it currently costs over £200, the Fenix HP10 cost me £50.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

If it helps – I've put some beamshots of a Fenix and a P7 torch here (along with others).

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=556304

ahwiles
    Free Member

i have a fenix l2D – i think, it's the 2xAA one that everyone seems to have.

it's got a 110 lumen mode, and a 180 'turbo' mode.

i use it as a zip-tied-on helmet-mounted spotlight, with a 900 lumen LUU on the handlebars.

i find i 'see' more when i turn my headtorch DOWN to 110 lumens.

my eyesight isn't great at night, and i find i rely on shadows cast by my bar-mounted LUU to judge distance/durface detail.
    (anything that sticks up like a root or a rock will cast a shadow). if i run my fenix on 'turbo' – these shadows get filled in with light, and i can't see the roots and rocks anymore (cos the shadow has gone).

i'm very happy with my fenix l2d – it's very well made, and lasts way more than 2 hours on 'turbo' – i've never managed to run it down on '110' mode…

(using sanyo 2700 mAh batteries)

paulwf

How does the Fenix HP10 work with a helmet though, surely you can't get it to point in the right direction as the helmet will want to make it point to the sky?

mymorph
    Free Member

i use a fenix p2d on the helmet and 2 mte p7s on the bar.
    the p2d weighs in about 54g (with cr123 battery) excellent little torch. boost mode will last about 20 minutes. also has dim, not so dim and bright, sos and strobe for stunning people.

you can also get some accessories such as candle lantern thingies turning into a latern as well as red lenses for night vision etc. will stand on its end easily. better quality than the MTE.

i will be reviewing this flashlight on my blog

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

How does the Fenix HP10 work with a helmet though, surely you can't get it to point in the right direction as the helmet will want to make it point to the sky?

I use zip ties to attach it and keep it on the helmet, the torch bit adjusts to point down to 90 degrees from vertical, so it easily adjusts to point ahead or down when on the helmet. However, the battery pack is attached aswell which some might not like, but it doesn't weigh very much. It might not be what everyone would want, but IMO it's the best headhorch to buy at the moment if you want one for MTB/multisports use and/or walking the dog or whatever.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Several of us bought these and are very very happy.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/200Lum-CREE-P4-Q4-LED-Light-Flashlight-Torch-Holster-8B_W0QQitemZ110427206085QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches?hash=item19b5f971c5

I have two and a hope 1 I bought before I knew better they work very well.

bentos
    Free Member

I have a Fenix L2D that i use as a helmet mounted light in tandem with my AYUP's. While you can hardly see the Fenix beam in the AYUP's it does however come into its own when cornering by amply lighting up the trail that the bar lights haven’t reached yet.

Its also cheap, light and well made.

oldmanbreezer
    Free Member

I bought a Fenix TK11 R2 plus a Twofish torch mount (see bottom of page) for the helmet use.

http://www.thetorchsite.co.uk/Fenix_and_twofish_bike_mounts.html

Used it for Relentless (along with the Exposure maxx D) and had no worries at all. Getting almost 3 hours of run time at high setting. It's not too heavy and it's cheaper than than the Joystick. Can honestly say im well impressed with it and the service form the torch site.

mudpup
    Free Member

Fenix PD30 is the one you need
    220 lumens
    add a TwoFish Lokblok for the bracket

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a fenix for head torch’ is closed to new replies.