Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a fast rolling 29er tyre for 10 Under the Ben
  • zigzag69
    Free Member

Running Kenda Nevegals on my clown wheels at the moment – lovely grippy tyres, but hard work on the climbs. Looking for something a bit more race oriented, will happily trade grip on the corners for an easier slog uphill.

Any recommendations? And if it makes a difference, won't be tubeless.

tazzymtb

furious freds, racing ralph, bonty team XR1, kenda small block 8, kenda karma lr3

all light and fast 29er rubber

Clink

As tazzy says. Racing Ralph awesome but expensive. Ran a Bonty Dry X (same as XDX) on the back today – certainly not a all-conditions tyre (it was muddy today in places!) but coped better than I expected. Having success with RR out front and Maxxis Crossmark in rear. Hoping to try the Aspen when it arrives.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Get yer orders for aspens in quick-theres only 50 coming!!

zigzag69
    Free Member

Urggh, racing ralph's are pretty spendy. Any thoughts on the Race Kings?

gee
    Free Member

Hi,

Race kings are good tyres – nice and quick. I have a pair of 29" Ralphs and they were also pretty good. Fast rolling and large volume too.

Do they do the race king in a protection 29er? The Schwalbe sidewalls don't last too long unless you go for the SnakeSkin versions which are excellent.

Freds are awesome – the lightest by miles and very. very fast. However, there is little grip and they are very thin. Excellent for Sherwood/Thetford/Catton/Eastnor when it is dry as there are no technical sections and no rocks. Other than that they are a bit deadly.

The Bonty tyres (29-0, 29-1) are very good value at £25 each or so compared to other brands, but are not available yet. Maybe the end of May.

Have you considered the Stans Crow? 450g or so, bald as a Fred but the carcass is a bit meatier. Pretty expensive though.

GB

tazzymtb

gee- hope the freds are ok for you, the beers were much appreciated 😀

gee
    Free Member

The Freds were brilliant at the weekend – they were fitted on the Sunday morning and helped us to the podium in pairs 🙂

tazzymtb

good effort matey, see you at the mayhem. Say hi when you lap me 😀

cheers_drive

I liking the IRC Mythos, fast but somehow amazingly grippy

ratadog

Kenda SB8's in Summer if it stops raining and Panaracer Rampage for the rest of the year and also Summer if it doesn't stop raining.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Thanks all, have ordered a Karma LR3 for out front and Race King on the back.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a fast rolling 29er tyre for 10 Under the Ben’ is closed to new replies.