Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a decent cheapish rear light
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Pleeease…?

jeansy
    Free Member

Rear light

Just don’t get it too wet

marvincooper

Blackburn Mars 3 is very bright and has orange side lighting. Went though last winter in all weathers with no problems. Much brighter than the Smart Polaris light that I also have.

sambob
    Free Member

Topeak redlite 2 is adequately bright and only about £6.

jeansy
    Free Member

Marvin, any problems with the Blackburn falling off? Lots of reports of that on the reviews…

marvincooper

Never had a problem with the Mars falling off, seems pretty sturdy all round (I have it clipped to the seatpost, never tried it attached to clothes or bag). My brother in law has one too and is happy with it – 20+ miles commuting most days in winter and it’s been fine. The switch on my Polaris is a bit iffy, takes a few goes to get it to come on. The mars has been perfect.

jeansy
    Free Member

Fair enough, I was just going off reviews on CRC etc. I use the Lunar from smart but seems just the same as the cheaper Polaris, works perfectly except when subjected to moisture, just does random things until dried out, not ideal…

R.lepecha

Here
    Cheap, I’ve had one for a year and half, used through muddy winters with no issue.

marvincooper

Yep, sounds like my Polaris too, really doesn’t like the wet.

stevede
    Free Member

RSP Astrum, been dropped in a river, night riding all last winter, JOGLE in monsoon conditions on my road bike at the beginning of the month, was politely asked to turn it off on my last night ride off road by the rider behind me so i’m guessing it’s plenty bright enough and can be had for around a tenner.

loddrik
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies chaps, just bought one of the Smart 7s lepecha recommended. 6 quid bot too bad.

R.lepecha

If you’re still bothered about water ingress on the light you have just bought you could probably give the seal a light coating of Vaseline which should seal it just that little bit more.

Haven’t done that to mine and its fine though, just seems like a reasonable idea.

anto164
    Free Member
    Clobber
    Free Member

Are those fibre flare thingys any good?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a decent cheapish rear light’ is closed to new replies.