Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me a CX frame/bike
  • brooess
    Free Member

I want to build up a CX bike for general trail use, commuting and possibly a few races.

Key criteria
    1. Fun handling with sharp acceleration – I’m not after a staid and comfortable ride
    2. Can take full guards for the commute, which will then come off for off-road rides
    3. Not so flashy that I can’t leave it in the street
    4. Disc brakes (prob go mechanical for now and then put hydraulic ones on in a year or so once they’ve Beta tested the current ones in the market…
    5. Prefer a Campagnolo groupset, same as my road bikes
    6. Will prob have 2 sets of wheels – lighter and stronger ones for the offroad stuff

Thoughts?

Jamie
    Free Member

1. Fun handling with sharp acceleration – I’m not after a staid and comfortable ride
    2. Can take full guards for the commute, which will then come off for off-road rides

If you’re 5’6>5’9″-ish

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-kinesis-pro6-51cm-bright-green-350-

…although the colour might not meet requirement 3.

5. Prefer a Campagnolo groupset, same as my road bikes

Building from a frame then, as only ever seen SRAM/Shimano.

AlexSimon

Kenesis Pro 6?

There are plenty of complete bikes, but I haven’t seen a single one come with campag.

misterduncan
    Free Member

Giant TCX SLR if you can find one.

antigee

Kenesis Pro 6? edit(Kinesis)

There are plenty of complete bikes, but I haven’t seen a single one come with campag.

I bought mine as frame and forks only from Fatbirds – but a couple of years ago – beware toe overlap commuting with mudguards though I have a small frame – I use mine for commuting/singletrack exploring/gravel and sportives with a 2nd set of wheels – seem pretty popular with actual cx racers as well

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a CX frame/bike’ is closed to new replies.