• This topic has 16 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by swdan.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me a CX for £400
  • reubena
    Free Member

Can you please recommend me a Cyclocross bike up to £400
    Thanks

reubena
    Free Member

Medium and it’s too far for me to travel I like in scarbourgh North Yorkshire
    Thanks

cloudnine
    Free Member

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/road-bikes/carrera-crixus-limited-edition-cyclocross-bike-2015?_$ja=kw:drytinder|tsid:40392&cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-PerformanceHorizon-_-drytinder-_-TopLink#tab2

No idea what its like but its a cheap new bike

snownrock

I got a 2014 Boardman CX Comp second hand off this forum a couple of weeks ago for less than your budget, fantastic bike for the money, would recommend. They come up quite frequently, keep an eye out.

qwerty
    Free Member

49cm Kona Jake The Snake (has 53cm top tube)

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-kona-jake-the-snake-49cm-3

I’ll take £450 plus postage.

AlexSimon

Another vote for the Boardman CX.
    New for £760 at the moment (there’s 15% off), or second hand for about your budget.
    Love mine to bits. My most-ridden bike for 6 months of the year.

ampthill

That Carrera is quite alot of stuff for the money

nre
    Free Member

With the current 15% off Boardmans at Halfords, plus another 10% off by buying vouchers in advance, plus 3% quidco, you’re around £450 for a new CX Comp if you can stretch the budget. I bought one earlier this year on a similar deal and have found it brill for the money. Needless to say a few upgrades have happened to save a bit of weight, but it’s a great platform to start from.

snownrock

+10% for British Cycling membership too

swdan
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone has bought one of these carrera crixus? Looking for an entry cx style bike for tow paths, commuting and trips to the shops and the budget is tight

schmiken

I’ve got a Kinesis Crosslight set up 1 x 10 on 105 levers and mech (with cantis) that I’m just not really using. I’d quite happily take £300 posted for it, or £350 set up with 2×10. My email is in my profile if you want photos.

bikerdan
    Free Member

What size schmiken? could be interested if OP isn’t.

schmiken

54cm, fire me an email 🙂

bikerdan
    Free Member

Big too big for me. Thanks anyway.

swdan
    Free Member

And too small for me I’m afraid, at 6′ 1″ I think I need a 57 in kinesis sizes

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a CX for £400’ is closed to new replies.