Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • recommend me.. a courier to collect a bike that the owner doesnt want to post..
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

how is this done? never tried it before, but i would need to organise a courier to collect a bike from the seller and bring it to me.
    must it be boxed?
    any recommended companys?
    can i give the seller a rough time the courier will come?
    (the seller isnt interested in postage and i dont want to drive halfway across the county to collect it.)

Ti29er
    Free Member

http://www.interparcel.com

Must it be boxed? DOH!

clubber
    Free Member

Parcel2go.co.uk

Lifer
    Free Member

I've sent two bikes with Interpacel and never had trouble. Should be able to get a box from your LBS/Halfords no problem.

wwaswas

you'll need to get the seller to box it which is going to take them time and effort.

tracknicko
    Free Member

this is a forum right? where bikers unite?

get a forum memebr that lives nearby to go round this fellas house and pick up bike for you. then get forum member to post it for you.

send forum member beer or beer money or similar.

solidarity brother! where is said bike?

uplink
    Free Member
    chakaping
    Free Member

Here's a possible solution…

1. Phone a local bike shop and agree a price to box up and hold the bike for you.

2. Ask seller kindly if he'll drop bike off at shop for you, bunging him a few quid extra if need be.

3. Book courier to collect from shop.

Worked for me. Paid shop £20 or £25, well worth it.

cp

http://www.senditnow.com

It's parcel force in disguise. it's cheeeeeap too!

odannyboy
    Free Member

its akids bike so small, but also not high value so i woulnt mind dishing out cash if it was a £1000 jobbie, mind you id collect it mysel if it was.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Interparcel: you get the option of about 8+ (?) different courier companies, various options on collections and delivery times too.
    But assuming you're clicked on the previous link, you already know this.
    Can't imagine they'd transport anything not wrapped or boxed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘recommend me.. a courier to collect a bike that the owner doesnt want to post..’ is closed to new replies.