• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by PTR.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me a cottage in Hawkshead/Sawry area for 4 days in October
  • robarnold
    Free Member

The missus, our six month old son and I are planning a trip to the Lakes in October for the Lakes Two Day Trial and a bit of a break the week before for some biking and walking.

Would like somewhere in/near Hawkshead so Grizedale is accessible for quick spins on the bike and we both love the area.

Need a small cottage for the three of us, one or two bedrooms, not too expensive, preferably somewhere that will do rates for a monday-friday stay as opposed to having to book it for the whole week. The ones i’ve looked at so far have been in the region of £400 for the week which is a bit beyond our budget.

Any recommendations?

Cheers

falkirk-mark

check out winnowing barn in Satterthwaite, I stayed there last year ‘when world cup was on’ and it was £600 for the full week, garage for bikes etc booked through cumbrian cottages

LHS
    Free Member

We always use lakeland-hideaways and have stayed in a number of properties in the area which have all been excellent.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

As above, we’ve just booked to stay in one of Lakeland-Hideaway’s cottages in August for a week. Compared to the rest of the places we were looking at in the Lakes, all their houses seem really good vfm and top notch inside. In fact, the one we’re staying in, Weavers Loft, seems to tick all your boxes – we’re off with our little lad who will be nearly 2 by then.

LHS
    Free Member

http://www.lakeland-hideaways.co.uk/property.asp?id=1564&GpID=10

Nice little place, £480 for a full week, give them a call for a part week and you may be able to negotiate with them.

PTR
    Free Member

We stopped here, last summer with our 5 year old, it was great, would certainly go again

http://www.bedandbreakfastinthelakes.co.uk/index.html

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a cottage in Hawkshead/Sawry area for 4 days in October’ is closed to new replies.