Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a carbon full sus please !
  • markiemark666
    Free Member

Ok I’m treating myself for Xmas.

I Like to ride cross country, farm tracks, fields, minor climbs and down hills, down roads/paths when taking the little one out.

Currently ride a custom build cube reaction 29er which is quite high spec.

I like a light bike easy to chuck over fences and put on car rack etc so I’m looking for a carbon frame and I think I want 29er wheels again i feel they give you a bit more pace and bit more of a edge (personal opinion).

Looking to spend between £1-2k for a good 2nd hand bike tell me what you would get?

parkesie
    Free Member

Paulscycles carbon trigger for 2k and who knows what else.

markiemark666
    Free Member

I will investigate

Wally

You will find all the carbon triggers are 27.5 and not 29ers, as you requested in OP.

markiemark666
    Free Member

Yeah I have had a look and seen that. There’s one on eBay but it’s a large. Look decent bikes

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Norcos at Evans?

parkesie
    Free Member

How much does wheel size matter to the op? I think id like 29 to me says its what ive got but hey ill consider other sizes. And that trigger ticks the rest of the box’s pretty well.

Clink

Surely a short travel xc 29er for the use described ? Giant Anthem springs to mind.

Jason
    Free Member

I recently sold my carbon Epic 29er for that sort of money. If you look around there are a few for sale 2nd hand in your price range. A lot lighter than the Trigger mentioned above, although the Trigger is a better bike when pointed downhill.

markiemark666
    Free Member

A epic 29er is a good shout they are nice thought they went for more.. I’m aiming for a 29er as find them a blast to ride. Although the triggers a good one.

warns74
    Free Member

markiemark – what size would you be after (epic)?

markiemark666
    Free Member

I’m 5″8 but not sat on one so not sure what geometrys like but imagine a medium. You selling one?

warns74
    Free Member

Sorry, I know of a really nice one for sale but it’s XL.

chestrockwell

My mate just got a carbon Titus 29er FS frame brand new from On-One for £500. Looks a decent bit of kit.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a carbon full sus please !’ is closed to new replies.