Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a business laptop
  • lodious
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Dell Latitude for the last four years, been a good workhorse, but it’s a bit underpowered now, so it’s up for replacement.

I’m after something solid and reliable, which comes with a proper copy of Windows (so I can do a clean install), needs to have a built in webcam and light (ish). Thinking of a 15″ screen. Needs to have at least 4gb of memory as i’ll be running some virtual machines.

Any ideas?

trailertrash

Vaio on lease from PC world, £30/month, winner, get a bluetooth equipped model though, for syncing mobile phone

Pook

Acer laptops are very very good. Mine’s been great and it was cheap as chips for a very powerful model. Been going 3 years now and is still fast and reliable.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Compaq Presario CQ60

trailertrash

any one you like then really…? 🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d stick with a Dell Latitude personally, I’m currently using an E6400 which ticks all your boxes but there’s probably a newer version out now.

oddjob
    Free Member

Quite like dell too, but I think the (formerly IBM) ThinkPads seems to be really solid and reliable if someone else is paying.

brassneck

Thinkpad or HP.

I’ve had lots of nice Dells, but thaty’ve all felt comparatively flimsy. I travel a fair bit with it, and Thinkpads survive the clumsy git test best.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Lenovo? Good price and can customise in their website

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a business laptop’ is closed to new replies.