Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me a bike shop Edinburgh / Perth / Stirling
  • Si
    Free Member

I’m in the middle of all 3, so after a recommendation for a shop to do a few bits of work for which I don’t have the tools for; Facing new frame / possibly a wheel build…

Thanks

scotroutes

Pedals in Bruntsfield (Edinburgh) if you don’t mind getting into town.

geoffj

Richards in Perth – on George St

trail_rat
    Free Member

Velocity 44 stirling.

Rodie orientated but not shy.

kcal

Bicycle Works / Marchmont / Edinburgh.

or head west to big Al at Wheelcraft in Campsies?

bigG
    Free Member

Stirling Cycle Repairs

flying fox bikes

both pretty good, I also know a couple of good “one man band” mechanics that offer incredible service in this area.

If it’s wheels then you HAVE to go to Big Al at Wheelcraft in Clachan of Campsie. Legendary (take biscuits)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is Escape Route still in Perth?

Si
    Free Member

Pitlochry I think Al??

Tbf now that Colin mentions it, when I was looking for my new frame I went into pedals and they seemed a sound little setup…

househusband

Bit further up the road now, Al – they’re in Pitlochry.

Northwind

I mostly use Steve at Icycles- OK, innerleithen is in the wrong direction but you just combine it with a ride 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Escape Route has always been in Pitlochry, but they opened in Perth 18 months or so ago.

geoffj

I think so – not been in for a couple of months. Small section upstairs of Go Kayaking Scotland on the Inveralmond Industrial estate.

Oh and does anyone else think that Kevin Dangerous and Brendan Cole were separated at birth 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

No they have shut the perth shop according to my sources ( the mechanic in the pitlochry shop)

aelliott
    Free Member

Rock and Road Cycles in Bridge of Allan, near Stirling. Small but mighty!

geoffj

trail_rat – Member
    No they have shut the perth shop according to my sources ( the mechanic in the pitlochry shop)
    POSTED 11 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Doesn’t surprise me really. It was only a small space at the arse end of the industrial estate that you have to drive past a shiny Tiso / Alpine bikes to get to. Might be a pisser for the guy who moved upstairs to manage it.

StirlingCrispin

Best mechanic and wheel builder in the Stirling area (if not the world) is Mark Leadbelly.
    http://www.markleadbetter.co.uk/

He has more experience in years than some of the local shops have in months (I’ve been using him for 17 years!). Mark will also match internet prices for any bikes, parts and accessories. Tell him I sent you so I get discount.

argee

If you’re near Perth then Perth City Cycles on Canal Street are a good place to pick up bits and bobs and get a service if required, they did a lot of the mountain biking stuff compared to Richards.

As above though, if it’s wheels, or even just a day out then Big Al at Wheelcraft is the man to see, not been there in a while, but it was always a treasure trove of stuff, and the best wheels and prices going in Scotland.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a bike shop Edinburgh / Perth / Stirling’ is closed to new replies.