Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • recommend me a bike insurance company
  • manitou
    Free Member

need to insure my Santa Cruz.. who do you recommend?

njee20
    Free Member

Pedalcover house insurance. Like the other 5,000 threads.

jonnyrockymountain

Ditto

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Wot they said.

I haven’t had to claim but the service is top notch and premium is very competitive.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 pedalcover

A car driver wrote off my road bike the other day. Pedalcover handled it all within a week or so. All good.

sam_underhill

+1 pedalcover.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Anyone rate a pedal cover alternative with racing cover? Spoke to PC but fairly keen on race cover

chrisrobs
    Free Member

Not E and L. They just increased my monthly premium from £13 to £20!!!!

tweeky
    Free Member

Try Aviva. Up to £42 cash back just now via TopcashBack. I used to be with Marks & Spencer as they covered my bikes and other sports equipment including climbing gear. When their premiums got silly I went with Aviva. Don’t know about cover for racing, though. You’ll need to check.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Halifax will ensure bikes up to £5000 on your house cover, so depends if you want specific bike insurance or home? Cost me around £300 for building, contents and bikes away from home (including USA cover for a 60 day trip). Not sure what someone like Pedalcover offer over a generic provider, but would be interested to hear. Pretty sure my policy covers accidental damage too (but probably excludes racing if I checked or asked)

MrSmith
    Free Member

Pedalcover cover you for racing at home and abroad.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Pedalcover for us after M&S moved the goalposts a couple of years back.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Spent some time on the phone with pedalcover a few days ago. They cover sportives and TTs but specifically NOT road racing and crits.
    Can’t remember the MTB situation off hand, it isn’t an issue for me.

zerolight
    Free Member

My home insurance from Hiscox gas me covered.

MoreCashThanDash

Specified on my Esure house and contents cover – renewal just come through, house, contents, 4 bikes specified, £350

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Phoned home insurance company, told them what I wanted and they called back 15 mins later, £25 admin charge on top of existing policy to cover £9k of kit away from home, and amateur racing. Win!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a bike insurance company’ is closed to new replies.