Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me a B&B or Hotel in Fort William
  • dickie
    Free Member

As title, or nearby, for 4 days in early October.

Bernaard
    Free Member

It’s not in FW but the Ben More lodges in Crianlarich are bob on
    I stayed there during my lejog and recently before doing the 3 peaks
    The pub does decent food and a cracking brekkie
    It about half hour drive away from Fort William though

fizzer
    Free Member

Myrtle Bank. 5 mins walk from town centre.

Northwind

I stayed at Achnabobane Farm last time I was up, it’s about halfway between Fort William and Spean Bridge… ie, right in the middle of nowhere 😉 View of the Ben from my window, deer in the back garden, and a signed picture of Fabian Barel in the living room. Very nice couple that run it- it’s fairly basic but clean and welcoming, and superb value.

Other place I can recommend is Torlinnhe, which is right on the south edge of town on the main road. Bit more modern… Had a good-sized quality TV and DVD player in the bedroom, on-suite power shower etc. Better for outdoors kit, with a (not very secure) garage to stash bikes in and a drying room. Excellent food- smoked salmon and locally farmed freerange eggs for morning, mmmmmmmmm. Their prices have gone up quite a bit though since they got their 4th star from the Tourist Board- they used to have one lower spec room so you basically got 4 star service for 3 star prices, unless of course you were in the three star room!

Neil-F
    Free Member

http://www.braemarholidays.co.uk
    Lovely wee B&B about 5 to 10 mins walk from the town centre. Run by an older couple, I think the guy also runs the ferry at FW.
    Cheap as chips it was in May about £25, and the brekky was fantabulous! 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a B&B or Hotel in Fort William’ is closed to new replies.