Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a battery charger
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

Bought a Lidl super duper special but so far I’m not impressed with the results. Having supposedly fully charged batteries I find they simply don’t last.

A) What am I doing wrong – and yes the charger is plugged in and switched on!
    B) Recommend me a decent charger

ta
    TS

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I was going to say the Lidl one – the best of several I have got and works well for me

tankslapper
    Free Member

TJ

Do you leave it on until the lights go green or for a while longer? I understood that green = charged but the instruction state that AA batteries take 2 hours plus but mine ‘go’ green after 30mins or so.

Faulty charger?

smudge
    Free Member

either cr4p charger or could be cheapo branded cells

Anthony
    Free Member

I like the GP 1hr charger, but the one I have does aa/aaa only.

£30ish

tankslapper
    Free Member

I went for quality branded cells with max mhas. I guess its the charger then 😥

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mine works fine. I tend to leave the batteries in and forget about them. Never noticed them not getting fully charged

munkster
    Free Member

I splashed out and got one of these. Works well. Battery Logic were very good too.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Cheers munkster and TJ appreciated

Spongebob
    Free Member

munkster – Member

I splashed out and got one of these. Works well. Battery Logic were very good too. That looks awesome!

Tankslapper, are the batteries new? NiMh? If yes, give them a good few charge cycles to allow them to reach their optimum performance.

My experience is that new NiMh batteries are pretty disappointing to start out with.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve got the one in munksters post too

Works very well and tells you everything yo would ever want to know about your batteries.

munkster
    Free Member

My only criticism of it is that if a cell has very little charge it’ll assume there’s nothing there and refuse to charge it – however a quick blast of a couple of minutes in a more crude device (that’ll dumbly charge anything!) and it’ll suddenly realise there’s something to charge 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

I haven’t come across that problem yet munkster and I’ve been using one for about 18 months. Speak to battery logic, might be a problem with your charger.

munkster
    Free Member

It’s only happened twice in the 12-18 months I’ve had mine and only with a certain brand of cell (Vapextech since you ask) so I was assuming the problem lay with the cell TBH

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a battery charger’ is closed to new replies.