Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a 6 month, dry climate biking trip
  • aye-aye
    Free Member

I need to spend 3 to 6 months somewhere with a (fairly) guaranteed dry climate because of chronic bad health reasons.
    Currently saving up and planning to go around May time.
    My current options are:
    Europe in a van: Month in Finale Ligure, Italy, then down through Spain for remainder.
    Canada: Whistler for a month (not dry!) then Kelowna (supposedly dry) for 3-4 months.

Any other suggestions? Anywhere in america worth a look?
    Mega motorbike trip is also an option so doesn't have to be mountain bike based.
    Ta

uplink
    Free Member

Start in Colorado & work your way across to Southern California?

wl
    Free Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but I reckon Whistler from May onwards will be bone dry til around Sept/Oct. I've been to BC three years running in June, July and August and it's been red hot generally. Last year it was so dry the place was on fire. The province as a whole has probably the best off-road riding I've ever done, and it's reasonalby accessible. Touring should be ok too.

iDave
    Free Member

morocco

grumm
    Free Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but I reckon Whistler from May onwards will be bone dry til around Sept/Oct.

Not really, BC has a similar climate to the UK – I lived out there in summer and the weather wasn't bad but it rains a reasonable amount.

aye-aye
    Free Member

Yeah, I spent 3 months in BC in 2005 from May onwards and it rained solidly for the first 6 weeks. Made my health even worse!
    Need guaranteed dry otherwise I'd be going there.

ianv
    Free Member

Utah, Arizona and then into Colorado via Fruita

wl
    Free Member

Shit, I must have struck lucky.

rs
    Free Member

the last two summers in BC have been dry as a bone apart from a week or two here and there, nothing like the climate in the UK! I haven't had summers like the last two in BC since I was a kid and even then it was still much hotter in BC. This year might be questionable, we're having a very wet winter rather than snowy one, who knows if it will affect the summer or not, kelowna will be pretty much guaranteed to be hot and dry though.

parkesie
    Free Member

Cyprus 🙂 its even dry in winter except today its raining 🙄

nasher
    Free Member

if yuo are in finale for a month

give us a shout we are clsoe to finale and the region of Liguria has huge amounts of riding and neighbouring france.

aye-aye
    Free Member

Thanks everyone
    Nasher, will look you up if I head that way

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 6 month, dry climate biking trip’ is closed to new replies.