Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a 3/4 acoustic guitar
  • Earl
    Free Member

3/4 up to £150.

I’m just starting off at the mo (i.e. few leasons in..) and I don’t expect to ever get any good but I picked up my inlaws Tanglewood (TW600 I think) and it was an amazing feeling compared to playing my £10 gumtree special.

I want a 3/4 as I’m not tall and I want my 7y old to use it when they get a bit older.

Had a strum of the guitars Aldi had on sale a month back – it was much nicer than what I’ve currently got!

Any suggestion appreciated.

ianfitz
    Free Member

Not sure about 3/4 size models exept a Taylor which a friend has is stunning but I’d guess double your budget. I have a full size yamaha which sounds much better than anything else I’ve seen at £100.

Worth going up a proper shop tbh.

nickdavies

Yamaha. No one makes a better cheap guitar, unless you can find something second hand.
    Go play a few and see what you like, ideally spend a couple of hours playing a 3/4 in a variety of positions to see how comfortable it is. Try a few body shapes from different manufacturers as well as a 3/4, you might be better getting 2 guitars that fit you both well then you can jam together!

Earl
    Free Member

I read a few reviews on the Taylor Baby – brill but at 250 notes its more than I want to spend.

Daughter is taking lessons at school on a 1/2 at the mo. Its spurred me on to finally learn it too, after my failed attempt when i was 11. I love what little can play and love listening to it live.

I’m kind of used to a 3/4 guitar now and being 5’6″ I don’t have a big wingspan so I figure a 3/4 suits me well.

I did go into a few guitar stores when I went to buy my daughters guitar. Weird experience….all the sales guys wanted to do is show off their crazy finger skills to someone.

leffeboy

Yamaha are great but don’t be afraid to just try everything you can get your hands on. I went through a similar exercise to find a small guitar for my daughter last year and tried yamahas but ended up buying a korean (i think) guitar that i had never heard of before but plays brilliantly for the price which was about 140gbp. Even two guitars of the same model will play differently so just grab as many as they will let you. Buying guitars is great fun

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Fender make a parlour guitar that Guitar Guitar are doing for less that 150, the link escapes me at the moment

bonchance
    Free Member

Sigma 000m – Martin next time. Get the dealer to set it up with Elixir lights if it’s early days – and a micro tuner for the stock.

Then set it on a stand right next to where you normally sit 🙂

ajantom

The Peavey Composer parlour guitar is very good. Can be found for under a hundred if you look around.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

It’s got to be a tanglewood roadster twrt series guitar. The solid cedar top stops it from sounding ‘tinny’ and improves the sound with playing/ age.

The electro acoustic version with onboard tuner can be had for around £160 if you shop around.

Electro or not, easily the best value 3/4 acoustic. Don’t know how tanglewood manage to make guitars sound so good.

Earl
    Free Member

hey is this good value (2nd hand/as new)

Yam APXT20VS

karnali
    Free Member

I’ve got a Takamine for sale with a small body. Email martin_Varey at yahoo.com if u want more info

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 3/4 acoustic guitar’ is closed to new replies.