Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me a 29'er
  • Merak

Cyclescheme at work time Id like to try a 29er what do you suggest? Budget is a grand.

z1ppy

Trail or Xc?
    I’d be looking at these myslef (no idea of availability on CS)..
    On one Parkwood, Voodoo banshee, Pinnacle Ramin series

bombjack
    Free Member

I was in the same situation and went looking for an XC biased 9’er.
    Plumped for a discounted 2014 GT Zaskar comp that was pretty heavily reduced in the end of season sales @ Winstaleys.
    They had quite a few 29ers in stock and take Cyclescheme vouchers on their sale stock (+10%) so the grand goes a bit further.
    Love the GT, its fairly racey, however it was intended as a commuter / weekend XC race bike so its to be expected really.
    MBR did a hardtail group test which is on youtube / their site which recommended a few.
    I like the look of the on-one, but didn’t want to spend the full 1k in the end.
    BJ

Merak

Apparently, can get just about any make on this scheme. Looking for an all rounder type deal.

wilko1999
    Free Member

For an all-rounder I’d say Parkwood all the way. I currently have a Scandal 29er, been thinking of what to replace it with. If On-one had any Parkwood frames in stock in my size I think I’d get one, adjust my Rebas from 100 to 120 and swap everything over.

chudsy
    Free Member

Having a similar thoughts to OP. Likeing the look of the Cube Ltd race, but struggling to find any user reviews and not sure on which size. Anyone got one?

i_like_food

I’ve just got a Planet X Lurcher as a second bike. Happy with the ride, fun and fast-ish. I’d get another if my budget was (relatively) limited.

tazzymtb

Bike is a lot more than just a wheel size. Try lots and find one that works for you and your riding style

chudsy
    Free Member

6’4 and like 29ers that I have ridden, not really had any experience of Cube bikes and not sure between 21″ and 23″ frame. The spec looks very good compared to other bikes for the money but will the Manitou fork be a disappointment?

kimbers

The manitou forks are actually very good I’ve got some of the ‘budget’ tower experts on my 29er unit and they are very nice, as good as anything from fox or rockshox tapered and 15mm Axel super stiff and very controlled

danti

+1 for a Parkwood

Merak

After much fannying about I’m struggling to see by a Boardman Pro 29er for the spec/weight.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

all rounder? my 29r experiences are Rocky Element 100mm XC full Sus and Spesh Enduro mega super tanker.

Both all rounders in their own right 😉

jonnyrockymountain

Do not be put of by the manitou forks I have some tower pros and they are really nice as kimbers says as good as fox and rockshox if not better

jdpotter
    Free Member

I’ve recently brought a 2014 Mondraker TrackerRR 29er and it’s really nicely balanced bike. Don’t see Mondy mentioned much as an all rounder but I really rate mine

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 29'er’ is closed to new replies.