Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a 2 man tunnel tent.
  • houndlegs
    Free Member

Fancy a change from current tent, and have got to looking at tunnel tents, I think I like the porch bit for some reason 😕 Need to get along and have a looksie at some in the flesh, but thought I’d ask on here first. Thinking of something along the lines of a hoolie 2 or vango tempest 200.
    Bit heavier than my current tent, but no big deal for my useage.
    So, who’s got what and what do you think of it?

Ta

footflaps

I did have a Macpac Minaret, sold it to Cougar couple of weeks back…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HKS3xm]Macpac Minaret[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

Excellent tentage..

Cougar

Ha ha! *points*

This is my thread from last month, broadly similar question.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/does-this-tent-exist

Spin
    Free Member

Hoolies are great for the money. Minarets are solid but cramped for extended use. Probably out your budget new if you’re looking at a Hoolie.

Merak

I’ve got a Vango Tempest 300 used once I might part with. I’m after something bigger.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Hmm, did’nt see that other thread, and its rude to point and laugh 😀 I’ll go have a read now. Merak, thanks but I dont want to go to a 3 man.

CheesybeanZ

We’ve just got a hoolie3 , its great for 2 people and very easy/ quite to pitch. We wouldn’t want anything smaller personally . Got ours from Millets for £122.00 with next day delivery.

Edit, sorry didn’t see that you don’t want to go upto a 3 man one .

Merak

Do be aware how small the 3 man tents are, mine may well sleep 3 but I wouldn’t fancy it! 3 man is real world 2 man.

houndlegs
    Free Member

I appreciate what you’re saying, but it’s only going to be used as a 1 man, hence I don’t want to go bigger than 2 man.

Merak

Fair doos.

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve got a Tempest 200 and it really is only a one-man tent unless you’re both pretty wee and very tolerant. I’d definitely recommend it for one, and it’s pretty good value. The porch bit is pretty small though, you’d just about get a rucksack in there, on the plus side there’s one each side!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 2 man tunnel tent.’ is closed to new replies.