Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me …….
  • speaker2animals

….some 700c x 25 tyres for my road bike. I've been riding recently with a local group of mature gents and they are of the bent that has no worries taking road bikes pretty much anywhere. I'm amazed that I have yet to have a puncture. Could just be that my tyres are so new that there's a good thickness of rubber on them. The minor lanes/tracks/towpaths that comprise some of all our rides are rough as badgers bottoms. The no puncture scenario can't last! In addition a little extra volume couldn't hurt comfort. I might even try a 700×28. I have a Planet X carbon and run SKS Race Blades. There looks like there is enough clearance in the frame/brakes but i really have no idea how big 25s/28s come up.

Any ideas much appreciated.

huws
    Free Member

I've used Halo twin rails for about a year on my fixed commute bike. 8-9 miles a day including occasional fast use on the Thames path (lumpy dirt tow path). They don't roll quite so well on road as a pure race tyre but I've not had a puncture yet so it's a fair price to pay.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

landcruisers (panaracer?)

3 peaks favourite

TooTall
    Free Member

I put some Conti Sport Contacts on my commute bike – they roll well and take a beating without any problems. I'd recommend them in 700 x 28.

nickc

Kenda make some touring/road tyres..Kharma I think, never had a puncture when I used them for 1000's of kms

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me …….’ is closed to new replies.