Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend: Comfiest/Lightest/Unsweatiest Knee & Shin Guard
  • Morpheus00
    Free Member

Used to have Brand X from CRC, but they felt like someone was garotting my lateral ligament. Changed to knee pads only, but a crash induced pedal whack (which left a fist sized lump) has convinced me I need shin guards (and to be less crap at jumping)…

What’s the best pad for comfort/pedalling that’s also going to protect me from my considerable ineptitude?

rs
    Free Member

Not sure you’ll find any that don’t make you sweat but my race face pads are very comfy.

Morpheus00
    Free Member

Which ones? … the RF Zero?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I had some Brand X pads, great as a cheapo starter though! I now have some Dainese ones, which as they are just 4 straps aroudn the back don’t find very sweaty at all. Be careful in buying some of the 661 as they tend to have neoprene backs!! There are some expensive 661 which have that tixotropic (spelling!??) stuff in it which the guide at Cycle active swears by and wore them in Morocco when it was cooking hot! but who knows.

rs
    Free Member

RF Rally DH’s

Morpheus00
    Free Member

Liking the look of the RaceFace Zeros…. appreciate any owner feedback…

rs
    Free Member

hope you’ve got thick socks cause you could still take a chunk out your leg wearing them surely.

Morpheus00
    Free Member

Yeah.. I did consider that. Looks like they cut off quite high up. I’d feel an even more royal arse if I was wearing shin guards and still managed a pedal smash!

giantjason
    Free Member

i have just got some Race Face Dig knee pads and they are not very noticeable on an all day ride and very comfy.

Stevie-G
    Free Member

I use 661 Race Knee/shin pad and find them very comfy,and don’t seem to worry about sweating. Mot knee/shin pads are gonna be sweaty i would think…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend: Comfiest/Lightest/Unsweatiest Knee & Shin Guard’ is closed to new replies.