• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by br.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend, (and find) me a 27.2, lever operated dropper please.
  • tthew

Decided that my rigid SS is much more fun to ride like a massive BMX as soon as the going gets rough, so I’m after a cheapish dropper post. In order to maintain some semblance of ludditery, I’d rather not have a remote operated one, but the usual searches haven’t turned up any that really suits in the 27.2mm dia.

Anyone have any recommendations? Ta.

nickc

they are few and far between.

X-fusion do one I think.

Clink

Gravity Dropper

nemesis
    Free Member

Given the reduced availability of 27.2 if you’re not even going to bother with a remote, I’d really recommend this instead – a lot cheaper too.

I think that a non-remote dropper massively misses the benefit of being able to adjust seat height on the fly while retaining all the negatives – extra weight, potential reliability issues, cost.

(if anyone has a 27.2 Hilo WITH remote) for sale, I’m keen!)

Northwind

Gravity Dropper from germany, about £110 IIRC and the pull-button on the shaft is easier ime to operate than the lever-under-seat type. And upgradable to lever later if you decide you’ve made a mistake. WHICH YOU SHOULD 😆

murf
    Free Member

My RSP/Satori posts are still going strong, 18 months of Scottish Highlands weather later.
    One on my Stumpjumper has needed serviced, the one on my hardtail still smooth.

Love them!

noahhowes
    Free Member

http://www.stif.co.uk/mtb/product/ks-crux-integra-dropper-seatpost-100mm/13224

You’ll probably need to get the drill out though…!

tthew

Gives me a few options to look at, thanks Gents.

Nemesis – already have one of those, and frankly I’m surprised that anyone on here would recommend a rational, thrifty solution when I could throw some money at it. Go and think about what you’ve done. 😆

ahwiles
    Free Member

nemesis – Member

I think that a non-remote dropper massively misses the benefit of being able to adjust seat height on the fly …

i’m one of the least-coordinated people i’ve ever met, my clumsiness is legendary. I didn’t find a remote-less dropper any problem in the slightest, even/especially while moving.

one of the oft-overlooked benefits of a go-go-gadget seatpost is that your saddle always goes back up to the same height – it’s reasonably easy to get that wrong with a QR.

nemesis
    Free Member

You have my sincere apologies, tthew 😉

ahwiles – I get your point and I reckon I would have agreed except for seeing two fairly bad crashes by mates doing the MJ crotch grab move and then losing control… 😕

br
    Free Member

I’ve the X-Fusion one on my HT, with the lever (not remote).

It works, and works well – just needs a bit more forward-planning than a remote-d one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend, (and find) me a 27.2, lever operated dropper please.’ is closed to new replies.