Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend an office bag
  • guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Afternoon all,

With the new job just around the corner I want to get some sort of bag more suited to a posh office environment (my scruffy camelbak just won't cut it).

Requirements: Fairly smart looking, waterproof, attachable to bike (rack or otherwise), enough room for lunch and a folded suit.

I like the look of the Ortlieb Office Bag Plus but would rather it didn't have the pannier fittings left on it. If there was a bag like this that had some sort of discreet attaching system, that'd be ace.

Any recommendations?

Cheers,
    jon

ourmaninthenorth

I want to get some sort of bag more suited to a posh office environment

I'vew used a Tumi messenger style bag for the last 10 years. Cost a fortune, but still looks great. Gets left at the office, as I ride in and out every day – would never use it on the bike..!

If you want to look tidy, then bike bags don't cut it. You need a decent bag.

However, if it's just a bag for carrying stuff in and out of work, why won't a panner or similar cut it?

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

I guess a pannier would do the job. Reason I wanted a bag that looks smart-ish and can attach to the bike is because I'll be cycling to the station, leaving the bike there and getting on the train to work and I'd like to just whip it off when I get to the station. If I were to use panniers and take them all the way to work then maybe I'll invest in some new ones as my current ones are getting pretty ropey.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

What about one of these?

The Vaude one in particular is a nice looking piece of kit.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Carradice have a couple of rather distinguished looking commuter bags.

http://www.carradice.co.uk

miketually
    Free Member

Get a rack and a basket, then you can use any bag.

Pieface

Altura Urban Briefcase Panniers have nylon covers that zip over the pannier mounts.

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

I use a chrome messenger bag would probably look ok in Black for the smarter office.

Cammo however?

For:Totaly waterproof and quite strong and comfy.
    Against:Cost a fortune!

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Cheers for all the suggestions. I'll have a closer look at them.

Get a rack and a basket, then you can use any bag.

Very true…

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Maureen from human resources…

ourmaninthenorth

The Vaude one in particular is a nice looking piece of kit.

Are you insane man?

I think you need a dose of the non-cycling world. When's t'Mrs over?

🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend an office bag’ is closed to new replies.