Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend a Winter Road 700c Tyre
  • Ifrider
    Free Member

Darkside I know but any recommendations for a 28mm max width road tyre to get through the Autumn / Winter(which isn't that far away) and the sh**ty road conditions it brings.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Conti Ultra-Gators were popular for a while, but I thought they were expensive last time I saw them for sale, so I'd suggest Vittoria Rubinos.

If you are running tyres 28mm wide I'd also suggest fitting a tyre liner for added protection.

ctznsmith
    Free Member
    mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

not had them on the road bike (i don't ride it over the winter) but both the wife and i have schwalbe marathon on our tourers. The marathon supremes on mine are excellent

Ed2001
    Free Member

imo best are vittoria open pave however they aren't cheap.

MrBlond
    Free Member

Conti 4 seasons

samuri
    Free Member

Continental 4000. Awesome grip, great life, apparently 100% puncture proof (I've done well over 2000 miles on a pair with not once puncture). Again though, not cheap.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Conti 4 seasons other that downpour rain they are great!

mrchrispy

/waves at samuri sat at the side of the road in the rain fixing his puncture.

bound to happen now you said that!!!

I have some Specialized roubaix armadillo elite 23/25.
    seem much fatter than 23/25 but are comfy and tough.

trio25
    Free Member

Conti Four Seasons, Gatorskins are very slippy in the wet!

Ifrider
    Free Member

Afraid to say I went for the Gatorskins as Wiggle were doing 20% off 'em yesterday 🙁

ransos
    Free Member

Panaracer Pasella. Good puncture resistance, roll well, and quite light.

simondbarnes

Used conti gatorskins for years, nice tyre. Using 4 seasons this winter.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Thats cool as getting a bearly used (once) set of Conti 4000 off my mate for £30 to replace my really worn Mondeo Pro's 🙂 Thanks Samuri 🙂

twohats
    Free Member

Conti 4 seasons.

Having used 4 seasons for years on my winter bikes and this last summer used GP4000s on the summer bike, I'd rather use the 4 seasons year round than use GP4000s again! Harsh ride, poor handling feedback, wear out pretty quick considering they're meant to be a better wearing tyre than the equivalent competitor tyres, easy to hole, as puncture prone as any other race tyre, flimsy side walls that are prone to splitting.

foxyrider
    Free Member

For comparison what to people think od Specialized Mondo Pro's – I have had 1 puncture in 3 years (10,000 Km), pretty grippy and lasted as above?

Started a new post on this 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a Winter Road 700c Tyre’ is closed to new replies.