Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Recommend a sophisticated club in the South
  • cinnamon_girl

I am unexpectedly available this weekend and really fancy going to an oh so cool club. A jazz club could well fit the bill.

My new killer heels are crying out to be worn somewhere that is free of chavs and mountain bikers 😉 Rest assured STW'ers that I will certainly not be supping beer whilst dressed in a frock! Cocktails will most definitely be the order of the evening.

A little bit of shopping could be incorporated into the weekend and an hotel would be the icing on the cake 8)

So … somewhere in the South but not that London. Recommendations from anyone please?

heresjonny
    Free Member

Try the Grey Lady in Royal Tunbridge Wells, great music scene

binners

Jazz eh?

heresjonny
    Free Member

Clicky

Home

cinnamon_girl

My, you guys are quick! Thank you!

I won't be announcing where I am going though, is that OK?

BigDummy
    Free Member

That seems like a very sensible precaution. 😉

cinnamon_girl

Some people will be relieved, some may not 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If you want a really good night out, you HAVE to go to that London's Famous London.

Pizza on the Park is a great night out. Or the Bull in Barnes (RIP, Humph!) or the obvious Ronnie Scott's. There's also lots of really good new Cabaret/Burlesque clubs which are an excellent evening as well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member
    Some people will be relieved,

You are Belle Du Jour and I claim my £5

😉

flip
    Free Member

Try here http://www.pianokensington.com/ i know its London but i had one of the finest night out of my life there.

Oh and Harrods is right by 😉

RustySpanner

Sophisticated club in the South, you say?

Have you thought about this one?

cinnamon_girl

Offf to work now but keep the replies coming. Thanks chaps 😀

lunge

Not in the South but The Yardbird in Brum is a magnificent night out, Bull Ring and other such places are close by.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Jagz in Ascot?

flip
    Free Member

I second The Yardbird, its a bit snug though when packed, i saw Big Boss Man there couple months ago they rocked the place.

cinnamon_girl

Chaps – I did say NOT London 🙄

Such disappointment with the replies 🙁 As much as I love getting dirty with the boys, I like to kid myself that I am top totty and need to dress up! Obviously my calves will need to be covered due to marks left by razor sharp pins on my flat pedals 😯

Cap'n – can you not recommend anywhere in the Winchester/Bath vicinity? With a little spa hotel for pampering? Once again, can I stress that it needs to be cool? With cool people. Londoners always go to the country at weekends, don't they?

This will be such a fun weekend, with Aleigh anything can happen. The last time turned into a drama cos Aleigh and I got separated after leaving a club. She ended up being stranded at Reading Services on the M4, having lost her purse. It was only by pure chance that an STW riding buddy of ours saw the thread that I had drunkenly posted and drove over to rescue her. She thought she could get a taxi there!

Oh, and as for offthebrakes, I hope you're not sniggering 😉

gusamc
    Free Member

After Dark, Reading, style and sophistication incarnate

*this was possibly an opinion expressed after several alcholic beverages

rOcKeTdOg

don't discount B'ham

but i'm keeping the best venues secret as it's all a bit niche

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cap'n – can you not recommend anywhere in the Winchester/Bath vicinity? With a little spa hotel for pampering? Once again, can I stress that it needs to be cool? With cool people. Londoners always go to the country at weekends, don't they?

Green Park in Bath is supposed to be OK, but have never been, I'm afraid. There's some great jazz and music to be had around the Salisbury Festival when that's on. As to Winchester? Erm….no!

clubber
    Free Member

Tantric Jazz Café in Bristol? I'm not really sure it's a particularly dressy place though as it's quite serious about jazz and that doesn't tend to be glitzy IME. Cool? Well the people who go there definitely think they are 🙂

I almost got thrown out for taking the p!ss Fast Show stylee though 🙂

http://www.tantric-jazz.co.uk/

Danny79
    Free Member

Not been, not likely to go but you did say jazz http://www.theconcordeclub.com/index.htm members only though so probably won't get in there this weekend.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a sophisticated club in the South’ is closed to new replies.