Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend a kids Frame
  • Adders69
    Free Member

Number one son should be moving on from his 24" wheels to a 26" wheeled bike in the next little while …

All of the XS framed kids bikes I've looked at have been bleedin' heavy, so I'm thinking of building one up.

So – anybody recommend a decent 13" HT frame or thereabouts?

stevemorg2

JUst done the same with my lad – he went from an Islabike Beinn to a 14inch Kona with no problems

Adders69
    Free Member

Oooh – would an On-One 456 frame 14" be suitable? (just looked at the On-One site!)

slowrider
    Free Member

on-one 456 might be suitable but quite heavy and possibly too long in the top tube.

i can happily recommend a 'dual' frame from merlin: nice and teeny, really light and builds in to a brilliant little ripper. i did this for my daughter two years ago. she has since had a bit of a growth spurt and moved on to a medium cannondale but its adapted really well. from being 'just' bigger than her specialized 24" wheel up to 'nearly as big' as her medium cannnondale with just stem, bar, seatpost and seat changes as she has grown. you can get a real bargain on them, about £70 quid i think.

im actually selling my daughters if you are interested. havent got pics just yet as im in the middle of last minute sorting for a birthday party but if you drop me an email at kingtomtom@hotmail.co.uk ill sort you some out. its a nice spec; deore/lx/x7, mavic wheels, hayes brakes, magura forks… even got a carbon monkeylight bar on it!

tom

Adders69
    Free Member

Good point about the 456, slowrider. I'm guessing that the toptube is about 3cm longer or thereabouts on the 456.

Will probably look to buy towards the end of the year, so will have to pass on yours. Sorry!

Other than the Merlin, anybody got any good light kids 26" frame recommendations?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a kids Frame’ is closed to new replies.