Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Recommend a HDMI lead please.
  • postierich
    Free Member

For using with a Sony40W400 HD LCD and a blueray player,will need to be about 2 metres long.
    Seems to be loads out there and I dont want to go over the topwith the £s with little impact or buy cheap and buy twice.
    Will also need one from a Virgin V box to the tele.

Ta Rich will listen to all feedback!

Drac

There was some test done on these there was no difference to any significance between a £5 cable and all singing ones for crazy money. I use the cheap Argos ones and they do the job great.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

as drac… ebay may be your friend…

josemctavish
    Free Member

HDMI from ebuyer

As good as you need and longer lengths are available.

postierich
    Free Member

Will be running them next to power leads so I take it the shield needs to be up to a decent standard?

Jamie
    Free Member

I have one of the 2m Plexus ones from Ebuyer, runs near power cables and my xbox psu and no interference.

ton

rich, i can sell you a good one about £7+VAT

postierich
    Free Member

Cheers guys for the imput Ton have you any virgin cable coaxial ends, chopped the end off to reroute but they are a differant size to normal ones?

Rich

Drac

Will be running them next to power leads so I take it the shield needs to be up to a decent standard?

Nah! I have a massive jumble of power leads near mine and there’s no interference.

ski
    Free Member

Rich, I have the same TV set (Sony40W4000) I tried a few HDMI cables linking a PS3 and noticed no difference.

My Brother in law, who is a bit of a HI-FI nut, brought round some expensive QED Reference HDMI lead and he could not tell the difference between them and the Cambridge Audio HDMI I bought from Richersounds for £20.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

you could run it next to a pylon and it wouldn’t matter

HDMI is digital and therefore impervious to most forms of EM interference

the cable quality will only matter over big distances

ton

rich, coax or f connector should be standard if cable is 75ohm or ct100

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yep, don’t need a silly expensive one. It’s a digital signal (1s and 0s) they either get there or they don’t – it can’t ‘degrade’

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

if your cable is over 5m then you may need a better one or a booster, it’s the same as DVI so there is a theoretical limit of 5m, often 10m is ok but over that you tend to need a signal amplifier mid way. this is more of a problem with full 1080p sources as they require more bandwidth

ton

postie, **** you then, if you **** choose not to **** answer my post reply, after you **** ask questions which i take **** time to answer.

so **** off n electricute yourself, and doint ask for ad..****..vice again

😉

snakebite
    Free Member

got 3 different ones on my system a 40 quid one, a 20 quid one and a cheapy one from Argos, no difference whatsoever. Jumble of wirs linking PS3’s to Samsung HD players and tellys an Sky boxes with digital audio cables galore…..all works dandy. Sometimes I really confuse the missus when she wants to watch corrie or something, a clever button on the surround sound pulls audio from elswhere……corrie pic to the sound of resident evil on the PS3…so many controls….she calls me childish. I’m not, obviously, being 42 like….

Flaperon

Cheapest one you can find.

WTF
    Free Member

Maplin iirc.

postierich
    Free Member

Cheers chaps gone for these even though the reviews are all over the place!
    <http://www.amazon.co.uk/LINX-HDMI-Cable-Premium-Plated/dp/B000H8VM8Y/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_i&gt;

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a HDMI lead please.’ is closed to new replies.