Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend a hardtail for 800 quid.
  • Soup
    Free Member

A guy at work wants to spend the above amount using the cyclescheme. Has anyone done something similar and perhaps picked up an '09 model fairly recently? Not fussed on what make in particular. He would need a medium. 800 tops as he is going to spend the other 200 on helmet, shoes etc. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

boxelder

£99 over budget, but Grrreat

They have their Malt Alu framed bikes for less.

druidh
    Free Member

Have a look at the Cube LTD range

richcc
    Free Member

Is he a smaller fella

Someone pointed me at this looked a fabulous deal!

BillMC

Have a look at the Genesis range. I half heartedly got one on the bikescheme and have been blown away by how good it is.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

might be worth a look and they're on the cyclescheme too…

nickc

Boardman bikes at Halfords are pretty good value for money

Carbis

The question needs to be asked as to where he intends riding it. Flat forest trails and towpaths, trail centres, Dartmoor, Calderdale, Peak District? As with everything on here use defines recommendation.

Anyway I'd look at the big brans Specialized, Trek, Giant, along with Genesis then blow my £1000 budget with extra cash on the most obscure bike brand I could find to be "different" as long as the frame was steel……but that's me.

warpcow
    Free Member

Don't Halfords throw in a bunch of kit too if you pay more than £X. Could mean he could squeeze a bit more out of his budget, but limit his options to their stock.

poppa
    Free Member

Halfords Boardman is great VFM for XC duties. If he gets bored after a year he can change over the high-quality components on to a full sus or something

whyter

Genesis Core 10 or 20

Soup
    Free Member

Cheers everyone. Will look into those. General riding really – wants to see if he really gets into it.

Northwind

Boardman and Voodoo from Halfords are very hard to beat at this price… £850 would get a Boardman Team, but I'd be eyeing up a Voodoo Bokor or Wanga I reckon.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a hardtail for 800 quid.’ is closed to new replies.