Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • recommend a campsite bungalow near to coast near Bordeux
  • robw1
    Free Member

Thinking of heading to Gironde coast in France in a couple of weeks with kids. Flying to Bordeaux and wanting to head towards coast for a week staying somewhere between sea and lakes. anyone have any recommendations of places to stay. Looked at those campsites where you can hire biungalows / mobile homes. Any good? Any recommendations for ones good for 3 and 5 year olds.

or any other alternative recommendations that would be similar in cost (i.e. 400-500E per week.

stevextc
    Free Member

Depends where exactly … we always tended to go a bit further North as a base (towards Royan) at this time of year as you find you might have to follow the weather using Meteo France … and prices are more reasonable.

We tend to plan 2-3 days in advanced using the meteo app… and then you have 4-5 micro climates so you can avoid rainy days that can plague the Gironde this time of year…

Also I guess for me the cottage is EITHER on the beach or a drive to the beach… if the drive is 15 minutes or 5 parking likely takes longer so I find more reasonable places with a 15-30 min drive.

With the kid this gives us a range from the Zoo de Palmyre at one end to the Dune du Pilat at the other… with trips to places like St Emilion etc.

robw1
    Free Member

thanks steve. anywhere you’ve stayed that you could recommend?

stevextc
    Free Member

Stopped at a decent enough place last time, swimming pool and BBQ….
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=4+Rue+de+la+Blanchetterie&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=TwucWaj1O9T38AeKvpuoDw

As a recommendation ?
    It was fine but like anywhere there are a few foibles…. but non that stopped us enjoying the holiday..if we were going in 2 weeks and it was available I’d book again based on knowing what you’re getting but if it wasn’t then I wouldn’t be devastated.

Its not walkable to anywhere but as a base we had a good time with the car.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘recommend a campsite bungalow near to coast near Bordeux’ is closed to new replies.