Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend a camp site in South Wales please….
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Evening…
    Off camping in a couple of weeks but haven’t decided where yet… Possibly swanage but also considering South Wales. So where is good on the coast, allows fires (not essential) good amenities, near a good pub and on the coast!!!
    Cheers

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Hill End, Llangennith would be my vote.

bigblackshed

Beaten to it.

daftvader
    Free Member

Will give it a look…. Ta!

daftvader
    Free Member

Bugger…. Forgot to add, must be dog friendly…

theboyneeds
    Free Member

This place was good:

http://glynymulfarm.co.uk

senorj

I can also recommend Glynmul farm ,or lone wolf campsite…
    The woodland part is ace. Imo…

ctk
    Free Member

Three cliffs bay lovely and just got back from Monknash (heritage coast campsite) which was really nice with a pub next door aswell.

Monknash is a very nice beach when the tide is out. Kids with you?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

We just came back from a few nights at Hill End. It’s nicely placed by a big beach, the pub is a bit of a trek uphill mind! Fires allowed if off the ground, nice relaxed atmosphere on site too.

daftvader
    Free Member

Hill end is a strictly no dogs place, and yes we will have the kids with us

SaxonRider

My some just came back from a great stay at Tir Abbey Farm. Some stunning views, they were all alone on the site, and they were able have a fire each night.

ctk
    Free Member

Heritage coast campsite have fire pits to hire, dogs allowed, beach 20 mins walk on footpaths, pub 2 min walk. Cowbridge/ Llantwit Major not far away. Beach is pebbly when the tide is in but when the tide is out there is sand and nice rockpools etc.

The beach at three cliffs bay is better but, not sure about nearest pub, or fires, or dogs!

BigJohn

Heritage coast at monknash a regular spot for us. Been going since the early 70’s. Apparently there’s the world record skinny dip attempt at Nash beach on Saturday.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a camp site in South Wales please….’ is closed to new replies.