Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend a biking company around Morzine that ISN'T just "full on gnarrr"
  • flatfish
    Free Member

Looking for guiding that isn't predominantly downhill, don't mind lift assited but want fast, flowy singletrack kind of descents.

akira

Synergie VTT are pretty good, can basically do what you want, great knowledge of the area and Lionel is a great guy.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mind if I ask why Morzine? We've just come back from Chatel. Third trip to PdS for the wife and about 6th or 7th for me. We've decided it's time for a change next year as the area seems to have become too DH focused for our liking. Having said that, if I went back, it would certainly be the Les Gets/Morzine side I think.

Have you thought of trying somewhere else? People have suggested Sierra Nevada, Merible and Verbier to us after or comments about looking for lift assisted technical /xc trail /singletrack riding

NB, Sierra Nevada is uplift rather than lift assisted.

RealMan
    Free Member

Would bike village be too far away from Morzine for you? Its great, and sounds perfect for you.

ir12daveor
    Free Member

Switzerland, more lift assisted trail riding then you know what to do with.

flatfish
    Free Member

Doesn't have to be Morzine but i'd like it to be around an hour from Geneva as the wife is joining me with the kids later in the week so don't want to waste time in the car collecting them when i could be out riding.

cakerider

Second for Synergie VTT, have a look at the website – http://www.synergie-vtt.fr/

flatfish
    Free Member

looked at bike village but it's just a little further than i want.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'm off to switchbacks (Sierra Nevada) in October, going to upgrade to Pikes and dual ply tyres before then and fitting a few other odds and ends to make decending easier/climbing harder.

Onzadog
    Free Member

TINAS, report back on your return please. That's one of the places we're looking at for next year.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Will do, going 2nd-9th october (IIRC), first MTB holliday, and I'm on my own so wanted guided rather than "here's where you get your lift pass, here's a map see you on Friday" which seems to be what some places offer.

Not cheep though

£400 for the holliday
    £200 flights
    ~£150 spending money
    ~£200 broken bike bit fund (based on previous UK hollidays!)

MussEd
    Free Member

try alpinebreaks in chatel with darren and tracy. Exactly the kind of guiding/riding you mentioned on offer. Great hospitality, food and accommodation. Can't speak highly enough of those guys. Oh and the hot tub was welcome after long hot days in the saddle!
    Think they're on holiday till winter season starts now though.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Been to Trail Alpine number of times, and they cater for all abilities. Chalet and food is superb as well.

rockhopper70

I and the group of 8 had a great day riding with quentin from rideability.com. Check his website or facebook page for sample photos. He will tailor the ride to your needs and took us to Switzerland for lunch.!!! The group agreed that it was well worth it and we will be booking again next year. Certainly worth an enquiry. He is based in Morzine.

allthepies
    Free Member

As above, plenty of better places to go than Morzine for XC but flowmtb would offer what you want if Morzine is a "must"

allthegear
    Free Member

i'm not long back from FlowMTB – we had a really good time riding non-DH tracks – perfect for me. Come to think of it, Joe the guide was from RideAbility, too…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a biking company around Morzine that ISN'T just "full on gnarrr"’ is closed to new replies.