Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend a bike holiday in scotland/lakes lodge hot tub etc
  • bikemanspen
    Free Member

We are a family of three that fancies giving A biking holiday a try we’re looking at Scotland or the lakes staying in a nice lodge or similar!
    Can anyone help with locations etc?

My son is 13 if that helps
    Cheers

matt_outandabout

Where do you live? Scotland is a big old part of the UK..

That said, you would be hard pressed to do better than staying somewhere Aviemore/Kinguissie way, huge riding potential, without too much travelling round.

bikemanspen
    Free Member

We’re in Manchester I’ll have a look into those places cheers for your help! We just fancy somewhere in the uk up north with good views biking and somewhere nice to stay!

mikejd

+1 for Aviemore.
    Could try Loch Insh Water Sports, nice cabins some with hot tub, use of water sports facilities, lots of good biking. We stay there every year for May Bank Holiday.

MoreCashThanDash

Biking in general or trail centre? Dumfries & Galloway has given us some great family holidays riding the Stanes around there at our differing levels, with loads of non bikey stuff to do as well.

Ditto for staying in Peebles, exploring the Tweed valley and easy access to Edinburgh.

fifeandy
    Free Member

How many days riding are you looking for, riding how far each day, and road or mtb?

MoreCashThanDash

Bloody hell Scotroutes, don’t want my holiday to be invaded by Singletrackers!

scotroutes

I’m already thinking of finding out how many are going to be here for half-term and mibbe organising a ride. It might become a weekly feature during the summer 🙂

Did you find somewhere then?

MoreCashThanDash

Yes we did, no I can’t remember where. It’s a shed in the woods lodge in the forest near Drumnadrochit, I think.

scotroutes

I can hear the banjos from here…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a bike holiday in scotland/lakes lodge hot tub etc’ is closed to new replies.