Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Recommend a 5kw multi fuel stove
  • footflaps

Are there BS standards which they all have to meet?

ononeorange

Salls – lovely fireplace!

We have a Morso Squirrel and it is proving to be very good. Hard to get big logs in though.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve just bought this one.

br
    Free Member

We have a Morso Squirrel and it is proving to be very good. Hard to get big logs in though.

You want one of these:

Takes 18″ with ease 🙂

granny_ring

Another country 4 lover here!
    Very happy with usability ie very controllable burn settings and love the big window, made even more enjoyable as we got ours for a cracking price.

Another thing I’ve noticed that the country 4 is steel lined so no replacing the fire bricks when they crack up.

Was going to go for a hunter 4 but have since been told ours is much more adjustable so I’m glad I saw ours on ebay when I did.

bikerdan
    Free Member

For those of you with a Charnwood, do you have issues with the glass getting sooty? Ours soots over after a week or so of use.

granny_ring

Yes, damp cloth in the ash and rub. Job done. 🙂

Maybe the wood not quite seasoned enough and burning on a fairly low setting perhaps.

jam-bo

Yeoman CL3 on order and being installed in about two weeks.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Another thing I’ve noticed that the country 4 is steel
    lined so no replacing the fire bricks when they crack
    up.

Well yes I suppose so, but they cost about £45 for a set, take about 10 mins to fit and should last 10 years.
    In return they protect the stove casing from overfiring and insulate the firebox making a burn last longer and much more efficiently so you have to add fuel less frequently and use less of it.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Yeoman CL3 on order and being installed in about two weeks.

CL5. Love it.

DSC03704 by stuartie_c, on Flickr

granny_ring

Well yes I suppose so, but they cost about £45 for a set, take about 10 mins to fit and should last 10 years.
    In return they protect the stove casing from overfiring and insulate the firebox making a burn last longer and much more efficiently so you have to add fuel less frequently and use less of it.

Do they burn more efficiently with the fire bricks? Didn’t realise that. Not sure about lasting ten years tho, think mate had to replace after 3 or 4.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yep, insulation makes the burn better in the firebox so it’s more complete and hotter.
    Our firebricks are 4 years old and look pretty much the same as the day I put them in. I think it’s important not to chuck logs against the bricks as they are quite soft and can get damaged. The bigger the firebox the less likely this is to happen.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve not read this whole thread but I’ve just seen one in my local merchants. Firefox 5, 5kw multi for 265 + vat.
    Apparently they’re selling loads!

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a 5kw multi fuel stove’ is closed to new replies.