Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Recomend me some tubeless rims as good as 819,s
  • postierich
    Free Member

@ £55 each I,m finding them rather pricey so what would you recommend for a 13.5st rider whose wheels very rarely leave the ground!

Ta Rich

LoCo
    Free Member

stick with the mavic mate there really good, my set have lasted 3years just thinking about replacing rear rim. Ridden in south wales inc. cwmcarn downhill.

Baldysquirt

Sounds like you might be better off buying some hope hoops, and selling the hubs.

poppa
    Free Member

719's if you don't need tubeless…

postierich
    Free Member

got to be tubeless anyone find any 819,s cheaper than £56.99

nickc

I did this exercise a few months back, and eventually took a deep breath and stumped up for 819's

swisstony
    Free Member

just get any mavic rim and a rim strip, i've got 819's on one bike and older F219's with rim strips on another and i can't tell the difference riding.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The Hope Hoops and sell the hubs is a great idea with one little flaw. There doesn't seem to be much demand for the hubs at the moment. I know as that's exactly what I did.

T1000
    Free Member

try Ribble they were £53 a couple of days ago

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Got one bike with 5 year old 819s.. They're indestructible! However I got a stans 355 rim on a hope 3sp hub on the front of my new build and I like it. It's wider and shallower and a shed and a half load lighter.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

bikewhisperer – how heavy are you? i'm thinking of doing the pro3 stans355 hoop combo, would you recommend?

cheers

mieszko
    Free Member

I've got some brand new Mavic X3.1 UST rims for 28 spokes and Bontrager Race Light hubs (used, but good condition) I could probably sell for a lower price than two new 819's. Got them for a project that will probably is never going to happen. Rims are for V-brakes and hubs are disc compatible and easy to service DT Swiss made ones, so wheels can be used with V's or disc. Come with ust valves and the nipple cups all brand new. Drop me a line if interested as I might as well sell it on if I'm not going to build them up. You would just need to get some spokes and would make a nice and light xc wheelset… Rims are bombproof as I had a set of 3.1's on my old wheels.

postierich
    Free Member

**** me £72 for a 355 rim!

Guys your going the wrong way but seeing that they are going on some CK,s hubs I could be prompted.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Go for Arches, they build a lot stiffer wheel than the 355 and are more comparible to the 819s.

Onzadog
    Free Member

well, if you'll consider Stan's I love my Flow rims. Lots will tell you they're too heavy but at 200 lbs, I think it makes for a lovely stiff wheel build, 470 grms is not too heavy and they make your tyres feel a size larger than they really are. The extra stability I get in terms of tyre foot print with the width of the flow rim is worth any minor weight penalty in my book.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Gotta be 819s. They are stronger and stiffer (assuming well built) than many so called DH rims and weigh very little for it You'd be mad not to. I'm not much lighter than you and regularly thrash them without so much as a whimper.

Northwind

I can never remember which Stans rims it is that my traversees are ripped off from- but whatever it is, get those.

snaps
    Free Member

Do you need just the rims or are you building wheels? as the price of a 819 is a lot less as an upgrade on a new build than buying new.

postierich
    Free Member

Just rims!

polishing my hubs under the christmas tree

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

epo-aholic

bikewhisperer – how heavy are you? i'm thinking of doing the pro3 stans355 hoop combo, would you recommend

Bout 10 and a half stone on a good day! I've only put a minor ding in the rear wheel, despite having felt it floor a number of times. I'm a bit of a low pressure junkie too.. I've torn some Bonty tyres on the 819s without damaging them.
    I'm very impressed with my new pro3sp + 355 front wheel though. It's soooopidly light. The spoke tension is very high and it feels just as stiff.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me some tubeless rims as good as 819,s’ is closed to new replies.