Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Recomend Me Some New Hubs
  • singlespeedstu

NOT HOPE

20mm front, 135mm x 10mm rear.

montylikesbeer

Octobrand are very good

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Royce. Makes Chris King look like overpriced tat.

njee20
    Free Member

DT

singlespeedstu

Do Royce do a 20mm front hub?

Are the DT's no known to crack on the flange?

Anyone used Hadley hubs?

Anyone else with anything to add?

fozzybear
    Free Member

stu the lower DT used to be, but the 240 is a great hub, only issue/problem is bearings can't knock them in yourself without the tool which i think is a few quid tbh (£35+).

i have a friend with hadley and he loves them buy says they require a lot of looking after but they look so good and sound good, pickup is superfast (nearly as fast as 240's)

another mate has burgtec and they are trashed and falling to pieces.. overpriced tat.

singlespeedstu

* crosses Burgtec off the list*

Tiboy

I've heard nukeproof are very good, not had them myself but a mate has trashed hope, but nukeproof live on! howcome NOT HOPE btw? apart from my last sentence? Any movement on the DJ forks?

thepurist

American Classic? Light and just a little bit clicky. 20mm fronts & 135 x 10 rear too.

fozzybear
    Free Member

i was going to say nukeproof ones too, been hearing good things about them but couldn't find a 10mm version for stu, maybe i'm being blind.

Tiboy

hmmmm, good point, I can't find 10mm either, just assumed they did one. GUessing Stu means a 10mm bolt through rather than jsut a normal 10mm QR hub?

singlespeedstu

I've had a few problems with the pro2's and I'm not keen on repeating that experience.( have a pair of bulbs that refuse to die though)

Can't drop the price any more on the fork mate.

singlespeedstu

mmmm. Col has some nukeproofs in stock for the right money.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Ringle are awesome sounding and bombproof.

fozzybear
    Free Member

stu i've read/heard good things about those nukeproof jobs.. i know a 19st guy who breaks everything says he can't believe how good they are..

Turnoisier
    Free Member

I have some Hadley hubs, which are excellent. Very smooth, well-sealed and great pick-up! However, last time I checked, they still didn't have a website so information on how to service them etc. is quite difficult to come by.

Speshpaul

Hunt down some bulbs, i did recently, cheaper than pro11's.
    Those tectnic (sp) ones in the CRC flood sale sound ok.
    Ringle are nice.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Use the bulbs, I still have mine in daily use after 10 years.

fozzybear
    Free Member
    sheldona
    Free Member

What EIASF failed to mention is that they need to be super strong to cope with the weight of his on board WOK.

Failing all of the above you could always wait and see if Superstar sponcer SSEC 2010 and take your chance of winning some 🙂

fozzybear
    Free Member

the only chance taken would be riding the buggers after sheldon!!

nickc

I've some Atomlab ones that refuse to die, and seem to built like brick outhouses. Probably straight out of some Taiwanese Catalogue, but they work and they're not stupid money.

singlespeedstu

Failing all of the above you could always wait and see if Superstar sponcer SSEC 2010 and take your chance of winning some

i won't be riding with all those attention whores. 😉

sheldona
    Free Member

True, you've got to get an entry first 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I mullered one DT, but have one on the Enduro now and it seems to be pretty tidy.

The custom drilled Hopes on my NRS are peachy as a peachy thing though, so I would ask why not Hope? EDIT – Reads comments above properly!

Shame to hear you've had probs with 'em!

singlespeedstu

True, you've got to get an entry first

I'll have a word with the organisers then.

steve-t
    Free Member

Nukeproof are idestructable apart from the bearings. My rear hub needed new ones after 6 months. fortunately hotwheels did me a half price set, as they're usually £35.

sheldona
    Free Member

I'll have a word with the organisers then.

Doubt if they'd listen to you mate they're odd!

singlespeedstu

Doubt if they'd listen to you mate they're odd!

i know mate.

singlespeedstu

That Bulb Stiff have in looks favourite ATM.

Just need to find a front Bulb to go with it now.

fozzybear
    Free Member

stu they only had a couple in when i asked (i wanted a 36 hole one)

scaredypants

that bulb stif has in is quite cheap but has a steel freehub, not Ti like some did/do

(I'm not slagging that off – I bought 2 last week – but it puts the cheapness into context a bit)

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Recomend Me Some New Hubs’ is closed to new replies.