Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • recomend me a sub £100 bike box or padded bags
  • monkeyboyjc

As the title really, only have a budget of about £100 – what bike bag or box should I get.

new or second hand?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EVOC-BIKE-TRAVEL-BAG-Red-Used-Once-/281354746194?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item41820cb952
    If you can find an evoc second hand that, best thing I’ve used to transport my bikes. After that I’d go with a well packed cardboard box. Not a fan of the cheaper bags.

monkeyboyjc

Guessing the reserve will be over £100…

Im tempted to hire a hard case……. but at aroind £45 a week (+ return postage) I thought I may as well buy one.

stevious

Agree with Mike. Cheapo bike bags/boxes aren’t really any better than a cardboard box – you end up having to do the same amount of packing the bike and they’re just as unwieldy. If you can find a cheap 2nd hand EVOC one they really are excellent.

paulevans
    Free Member

I’ve got a used Planet X bike bag that you could have for £50. I’ve used it for 6 trips to the Alps over the years and it’s worked great!

monkeyboyjc

Ive put a bid on a dhb box that’s in my area to collect- where abouts are you paul, or is that £50 inc postage? 😀

paulevans
    Free Member

I’m up in the Lakes. Given the size I think it would need to be collection!

monkeyboyjc

Thought that would be the case – unfortunately I’m down in the Cotswolds…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘recomend me a sub £100 bike box or padded bags’ is closed to new replies.