Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recomend me a saddle
  • stonemonkey
    Free Member

looking for something guite forgiving as it is going on a ht, nothing to expensive around the £30 mark

cheers

jonb
    Free Member

Few flood ones on CRC. Got a roadie one for £16 today. Ti rails.

tinsy
    Free Member

Ive had most of the usual suspects, WTB rocket & an SDG bel air, but niether suited me as much as the charge spoons I use now, £30 might get you a ti railed one. Very much a personal preference thing though, might not work for you at all…

13thfloormonk

I used a WTB rocket happily for years, then tried a Prologo Vertigo, but am currently using the OEM WTB Pure V off my Marin and its the comfiest saddle i've ever used, and I've mostly been using it for long (50-90km) days on hardtails, sometimes with a heavy rucsac, so its been well tested!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Charge spoons work well with my behind too, just enough padding to take the sting out, not so much it feels like a big squishy sofa. I never got on with MTBs. I also find the speccy BG saddles great, but found the MTB ones a bit fragile.

MrAgreeable

Third the Charge Spoon, if you get on with fairly narrow saddles without too much padding you should like it. The patchy availability also means you will be able to flog it if you don't like it.

I have an SDG Bel-Air and a WTB Rocket V too which are a more triangular shape and a bit more padded. The build quality of the SDG is terrible, it rattles noticeably on the rails.

Milkie
    Free Member

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

2nd WTB Rocket V or SDG Bel Air. Merlin have some good deals on the SDG

leftyboy
    Free Member

Sella Italia Flite

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Charge Spoon. The Ti version is about 10g lighter so not really worth the extra. I can't remember thinking about it being uncomfy or comfy so its probably a very good sign I just don't notice it.

Before that I had a WTB Laser V for a long time which was also very comfy. Probably a bit more padded and a slightly wider nose than the Spoon.

the_lecht_rocks

sdg bel air. simply sublime.

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

Fizik Gobi!!!!!

smiffkin

WTB Pure V does for my rear!

hazeii
    Free Member

Yeah, +many for the Fizik Gobi; the Flite was my fave for many years, discovered that if a Flite suits you then the Gobi could well float your boat.

That said, I have this cunning plan involving the use of less comfortable saddles for short rides, keeping the best (Gobi) for the long ones…

trail_rat
    Free Member

is my current favorite saddle on my cross bike ….. so comfy – either you forget its there or my nuts go numb as soon as i sit on it and i cant feel any pain it may give …..

hazeii i do just that with my mtbs …keep the one below for good. Exceedingly comfortable saddle.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me a saddle’ is closed to new replies.