Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • recomend me a camera
  • crazymoon
    Free Member

my sony cybershot has started playing up by not pulling in the lens so i think a new camera is on the cards before the sony properly packs up.

i’m looking for something with a decent lens, exposure settings and in the price range of £200-£300. i’m not bothered about high megapixels, 10 is enough.

any help would be great.

Moon

molgrips
    Free Member

What are your requirements? What do you use it for and where is it likely to go? And how much do you care about getting the perfect picture?

crazymoon
    Free Member

a compact would be good, i’m not up for lugging an SLR about. gotta fit in a backpack or the back of my jersey. i like a clear shot in sharp focus with a good depth to the colour.

i like taking pictures of landscapes whilst biking, using macro for various shots and the usual family phots.

grantway
    Free Member

a Canon G11 or new G12 be a little extra but well worth the extra £ 35 pounds
    find this on ebay uk site

matt_outandabout

My Ricoh CX2 is a cracking wee thing with the ability to play with settings and some really useful burst mode features. These pics are all out of the camera with no processing to show some variety. Will also save you a good few quid – ours was £120 from SRS:

colournoise

After being a longtime Fuji fanboy I’ve recently switched to a Panasonic Lumix TZ10 and not sure I’ll switch back at any point. Solid build, good lens, monster optical zoom for a compact and enough manual settings to satisfy the tweaking bit of my brain (while still having good enough auto modes for quick point and shoot jobs).

slainte 😀 rob

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The Pani TZ cameras seem very good as a small all round camera. We bought a TZ8 as the TZ10 extras appeared to be mostly gimmicks and/or extra features we wouldn’t use. I also have a Canon S90 which is one of a group of great little cameras that have a bigger sensor than standard compacts, so in theory should produce better results, those cameras being Canon S90/S95 Pani Lumix LX3/LX5. I’m a Pani Lumix fan, but went for the Canon S90 as it’s so small and light.

tinribz
    Free Member

Do a search on flickr and see what you can do with a Lumix LX3 or LX5. Then go to a shop see how small they are.

Someone was selling one on here a couple of weeks ago.

poppa
    Free Member

I did some research into this, there are some compacts with a larger than average sensor size and wider than average aperture range. These include:

-Canon S95
    -Panasonix LX5
    -Olympus XZ1

All similar-ish, but seem like a step above your typical, even high quality, compact and are around £300-ish mostly. They only have around 4x zoom though.

crazymoon
    Free Member

cheers. some great comments. time to start looking.

CountZero

Panasonic have just released the TZ20, with a 16x optical zoom, and a 16Mp sensor, I believe. It’s also got a nifty touchscreen that you can select the focus point and it will follow that selection if it moves, like a person. It has GPS geotagging too. Review I read on Techradar was very, very good. Around £300, but available cheaper, I believe.
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/cameras-and-camcorders/cameras/compact-cameras/panasonic-lumix-dmc-tz20-939809/review

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘recomend me a camera’ is closed to new replies.