Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • Reclaim the streets….
  • jota180
    Free Member

Nope – its similar to most of the UK

so what you’re saying is, it would be the same if the UK had less land 😆

MrAgreeable

If I were being honest, I reckon we have the balance about right now

Yeah, 2% of journeys made by bike, kids being banned from riding to school because it’s too dangerous, 1 million people obese enough to qualify for a gastric band… we’ve got it made all right. 🙄

kaesae
    Free Member

Hang **** on, I posted that dutch cycle thingy clip on the first page, you bastards haven’t even read this thread through have you ❓

Bloody thread page hoppers 😡

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No – I am saying the population density of most of the UK is similar to the Netherlands. as it is.

kaesae
    Free Member

😀

jota180
    Free Member

so how would it be if you took out of the equation the least populated areas of NL?

eshershore
    Free Member

not sure about ‘reclaming streets’ but how about ‘motorists being less angry at sensible cyclists’

on Thurday riding to work in London, traffic lights changed in my favour (at a junction just off New Oxford Street), motorist in big BMW drove straight through the red light and nearly hit me, along with a black cab following him.

had “words” (polite words, no swearing..) with him, and the abuse I got back from his car was unbelievable, even pedestrians in the area looked shocked by his behaviour

then the Black cab (taxi) driver behind him had to get involved and accused me of being a “jobless c*nt” and “another f*cking cyclist who jumps red lights..” etc.

despite the fact I was on the way to work (incidentally as a workshop manager for a big bike chain) riding an expensive mountain bike, and both of them had jumped the red light…ignoring my right of way

what can we hope to change in the UK with attitudes like that?

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Reclaim the streets….’ is closed to new replies.