Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Recently watched films you've really liked
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Watched World’s Greatest Dad last night. Wasn’t what I was expecting at all, but it was weirdly brilliant.

Got Taken lined up next, and am going to give Inception another go as I didn’t get what all the fuss was about the first time I watched it.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

chico and rita- animated film about the jazz era in cuba

sofaking
    Free Member

kings speech
    the town

ton

shutter island.

argyle
    Free Member

repo-men. cracking soundtrack too.

footflaps

Chasing Legends – http://chasinglegends.com/

Amazing film.

RealMan
    Free Member

I recently watched shutter island too ton. I found it ridiculously predictable and unbelievable, with a poor back story. Didn’t enjoy it much at all.

Been meaning to watch chasing legends for ages, thanks for reminding me 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

pomona
    Free Member

z1ppy

A-Team – I love it when “A” plan come together! (very good, original series fan here)
    Salt – thought it great the 1st time, not so sure the 2nd…
    Kick ass – ok, not as great as everyone raves about.
    Battle Los Angeles – Enjoyed it, in a very brain dead way (It’s black hawk down with Aliens)
    Skyline – Alien and ppl screaming, good fun, just disengage your brain again.
    Predators – Not a bad film all in all, much much better than “AvP” (though is that hard?).
    Despicable Me – good cartoon, not toy story standards but better than “megamind”
    RED – it’s just good, ok!
    Tron Legacy – as a fan of the original film ,assuming you like the 1st (dodgy effects and all), can’t see why you wouldn’t like the 2nd.

total pap list:
    Monsters

jon1973
    Free Member

I thought the new True Grit was pretty good.

heywayne
    Free Member

Watched The Next Three Days at the weekend. Wife put it on using VirginTV thingy. Turned out to be better than I expected.

Watched Red Hill round a film buff pals of mine a few weeks ago, wasn’t great, but again, better than I expected given the write-up.

jon1973
    Free Member

Skyline – Alien and ppl screaming, good fun, just disengage your brain again.

that bloke with the pencil-line moustache just annoyed me too much for me to like that film.

Del

caught Juno on TV a while back. not something i would normally seek out but really enjoyed it. one of those films that just bowls along at it’s own pace.
    enjoyed the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes, but that was some while ago i guess. some wonderfully funny lines in there that most of the audience in the cinema seemed to miss completely.

amaan
    Free Member

For those who liked Taken, here are two more revenge films, the south korean is a bit iffy/cheesy round the edges but the action/fight scenes are very good, the Austrailian one is just pure gruesome violent revenge.

The Man from Nowhere (South Korean)
    The Horseman (Austrailian)

_tom_
    Free Member

The Big Lebowski – not a new film but I just never got round to it. Absolutely hilarious.

Not quite as recently watched but Limitless and Source Code were great I thought 🙂

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Really liked The Illusionist

RealMan
    Free Member

Not quite as recently watched but Limitless and Source Code were great I thought

Watched Limitless too not long ago, liked it a lot as well. Did you know they originally wanted Shia LaBeouf for the main role? Would’ve ruined it IMO, he’s annoying.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Don’t get time to watch many films but did watch The Social Network a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Saved the file to watch again.

Wozza
    Free Member

A-Team: I thought it would be a lemon… turned out to be great. Going to watch Paul tonight.

My mate had to go and watch Bridesmaids with his wife… “It’s like the hangover, except not actually funny” was his review.

and a review on Transformers 3 “I would rather be waterboarded than watch that again”

_tom_
    Free Member

Did you know they originally wanted Shia LaBeouf for the main role? Would’ve ruined it IMO, he’s annoying.

Yeah he’s always crap.

RealMan
    Free Member

Gave The A-Team a go last night. Wasn’t too bad for a silly American action film. Could’ve been funnier though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

to save you the pain – the adjustment bueraeu – **** **** … i watched it on a plane to the states in feb – dont bother

classics – the hunt for red october – watched that last week , still a great film – connerys russian accent is amaizing 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

shutter island.

thought you had taste – that movie just went round in circles !

ransos
    Free Member

Don’t get time to watch many films but did watch The Social Network a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Saved the file to watch again.

I watched it too. I liked the acting and sharp dialogue (take a bow, Aaron Sorkin). But it was a film empty at its heart – the characters were simply all too unlikeable to develop any kind of empathy. This may have mattered less if it was the race to discover DNA, but Facebook? I found it difficult to care…

Judging by the reviews, I’m in a minority of one!

RobHilton
    Free Member

The Browning Version (1951).
    A bit of a slow film, but Michael Redgrave’s performance is truly outstanding.

Wind the clock on a few decades and I really enjoyed Looking for Eric – partly for the entertainment value of one Mr. Cantona, absolutely convinced by his own awsumness & blinded by the sun shining out of his arse – and partly cos it was quite good.

Flaperon

Children of Men was very good, no idea why it bombed in the cinema. Very carefully done, believable advances in technology, and a half-decent plot and cast.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Really enjoyed Looking for Eric too.

A few more that I’ve enjoyed are The Kid and Telstar. Both very powerful and pull you right in.

The Take mini series is very good too. Tom Hardy at his best.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Chasing Legends is BRILLIANT! I had goose bumps when I saw it at the cinema but it is being shown on ITV4 next Thursday, 14th July from 2000-2200 or Sunday 17th July 1630-1830.

I wsa surprised that I enjoyed Social Network I thought why would I want to watch a film about Face Book!?

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    Girl who played with fire
    Girl who kicked the hornets nest

All of those were the Swedish ones with subtitles and were phenomenal!

RealMan
    Free Member

but it is being shown on ITV4 next Thursday, 14th July from 2000-2200 or Sunday 17th July 1630-1830.

Brilliant, cheers.

I liked Children of Men too, don’t understand why barely anyone has seen it.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Away we go – a bit of a chick flick but really enjoyed it.
    Up – Superb
    Kings Speech – superb!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

If interested here’s the rest of the TdF list:
    http://www.itv.com/tourdefrance/2011/news/tour-de-france-itv-tv-schedule/

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Little Miss Sunshine.

Very black, very funny, very scathing of the shallow-end of western culture.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Saw V For Vendetta the other night too – superb in a wonderful brit-flick kinda way.

grievoustim
    Free Member

My mate had to go and watch Bridesmaids with his wife… “It’s like the hangover, except not actually funny” was his review.

then your mate’s opinion is not to be trusted. Bridesmaids is about 1000x funnier than the hangover, but that is not incredibly difficult to achieve

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Two I’ve seen recently…

Shooter – caught it on film4 the other week. Superb. Bought on DVD since.
    Law Abiding Citizen – saw a trailer for it on (the appalling) Men Who Stare At Goats DVD so bought that too. Awesome.

morgs
    Free Member

Transformers 3. Ok, I may be 28 and straight….but I want a toy Optimus and I’d happily sleep with Bumblebee*

*by bumblebee I mean the tidy blonde 😉

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Insidious was good.

It felt like a proper 80’s horror movie and was even scary in places!

derp
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0xbHPE79kQ[/video]

morgs
    Free Member

13 Assassins is amazing! SOme of the Iaido is really impressive

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Recently watched films you've really liked’ is closed to new replies.