Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recent experience of Wiggle and CRC
  • mashiehood
    Free Member

I have been making use of their recent promotions to buy bits for a new road bike project. Ordered a lot of kit, namely SRAM Red and Dura Ace bits. Both Wiggle and CRC service has been superb. Orders dispatched almost immediately and received the following day.

Sadly, the only thing letting good retailers down are the couriers. City Link ‘lost’ a Wiggle parcel. No idea on its whereabouts. Wiggle have refunded me but I feel awful as they have paid out for City Link’s incompetence.

dantsw13

I agree about the couriers.

Twice recently, I have had a txt from DPD telling me I was not at home to receive my parcel. Funny, because both times, I had been within a few metres of my front door from well before the allocated slot until well after.

It seems if they are running late, they will just put you down as “out” in their system.

Taff
    Free Member

Not had any issues with either retailer including couriers. Customer services has always been great from both parties too. All my parcels get delivered to work so there is no excuse to not be in. My only issue with Wiggle is that they are no longer the cheapest around always used to be a fight between these two but that no longer seems to exist.

deft
    Free Member

City Link are awful, for some reason Amazon keep sending even relatively small parcels via them. Last two have been dispatched swiftly, but then sat in CL depots for days and days.

honourablegeorge

Wiggle have cheap moments when a sale coincides with a voucher, have had great stuff off them on that basis. Rarely first stop for MTB parts though.

MadPierre

DPD failed to deliver my new Go Pro last week after sending the text to let me know the hour timeslot they were due. It was at work and plenty of people including me were around. They just didn’t show and that was it! Next day got another text with a new slot and it turned up. Box well battered and holed but luckily the contents were packaged well (by Swinnertons) enough to avoid damage.

trevron73
    Free Member

DPD use far too many Easton block drivers who if they can’t be arsed to drive somewhere just put not home on the sheet.Also drivers for Yodel have to pay their own fuel so if a journey seems far they don’t bother. I prefer to call up the shop and ask for royal mail ,CRC left my last pacage at the postoffice opposite my house which made sense rather than taking to the depot,good work chaps.

ads678

Ordered some shoes from wiggle last thursday night, arrived Saturday morning. standard delivery. well done wiggle and royal mail!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Excellent service here the other day from CRC too. Luckily dispatched via Royal Mail 1st class. Be nice if they had an option to allow you to select your courier, I’d happily pay a little extra to avoid S*itty link.

mashiehood
    Free Member

agree – Royal Mail are doing really well in our area. The chap who delivers the parcels know not to buzz more than once as it annoys the lady! 😆

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My recent experience of city link…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/lets-have-a-little-game-of-guess-the-courier

I now avoid companies that use city link.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Parcel Farce have got my goat recently. No card left, online tracking says taken to post office. Post office (correctly) won’t release package without card. Parcel force give gallic shrug and tell me to call depot…..

simmy
    Free Member

I was impressed with Parcelforce recently has they had left a parcel at the local Post Office instead of making me do a 30 mile round trip to their Depot ( think it was something from Rose in Germany )

Had real issues with City Link regarding some stuff I’d ordered for my Business. They said they had tried twice to delver without success and they could not try again, 2 strikes and your out apparently but they had only left 1 card. Despite screaming at some bloke they refused to redeliver so I had to go to their Depot miles away.

I told my Supplier, and they now send my goods Royal Mail.

DPD have been fine with me and have kept to the slots.

Having been a Delivery Driver, I know it very much depends on your Driver on the route, some care, some don’t like most things in Life.

I accept that things happen in the Depot, but some Drivers I worked with really didn’t care at all about customers just getting home.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Wiggle screwed up my rcent order, sending the wrong thing. I don’t buy much from Wiggle, but a high % of my orders have been wrong, damaged, or even sent twice.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

doof_doof – Member
    Wiggle screwed up my rcent order, sending the wrong thing. I don’t buy much from Wiggle, but a high % of my orders have been wrong, damaged, or even sent twice.

I’ll take the last one please!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recent experience of Wiggle and CRC’ is closed to new replies.